Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I've been wondering how difficult it would be to put a power trunk release in my '00. It didn't come with one and I'm tired of having to shut off the car all the time to open the trunk, and oh yeah, I'm too hard headed to just carry a spare key for the trunk. Any suggestions? I was thinking about a pulley release kind of whats on the hood, or maybe finding a car at the junk yard that already has an auto release and pulling that out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least this time I know how to hook up a relay! Any chance of being able to hook it up to work off of a remote button?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
if ur in the car.....why do u have to shut off the car to open the trunk with the key??....ur car should have a trunk release inside the car....power trunk is a nice option...but very easy to live w/o it....takes two secs to just use the key anyways....i've always disconnected my trunk lever from inside the car in all my cars to restrict access to the trunk from potential thieves....always use the key only to open trunk.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like the power trunk when I pick up my kids..just hit the button so they can drop the backpacks in. Saves my fat butt from getting out :)
Security wise, the power release is a benefit over the manual release as the ignition switch has to be turned on to power it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts