Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Puff Puff Pass
451 Posts
He's referring to the ones all over ebay that have 1-2 wires that all it is is a resister to lie to the ECU about intake air temp so it tweaks mixture and spark advance. mixture balances back out because of feedback from the O2 sensor spark stays but you can do the same thing by just advancing the distributor.
And doing this actually improves MPG? Or is this just BS?

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
And doing this actually improves MPG? Or is this just BS?
Advancing the ignition can slightly improve mileage. 4-5 mpg is a LOT for it though. Depends on a lot of things like condition of the engine, other mods, how much additional advance, if you use better gas with it, etc etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need help urgent issue with my 1991 Toyota 22re 4x4 manual, it has been cutting out horribly and it seems like a misfire, no spark plugs are mixed up, no vacuum lines messed up, fuel injectors all good. ANY HELP IS GREAT

·
Registered
7 Posts
eBay had turbo kits claiming 350hp. Priced around 500 bucks. You'll probably need a few extras with it. I don't know what your budget is. But around 1k investment you can have plenty of power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this has been covered before bu I can't find it. Sorry, new to the forum. I bought a comp cam #87-127-4 for a saturated truck I owned at one time. Never installed it. Old style 445 lift intake and exhaust with 230 duration . I have a 91 with 22re. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would work in my fuel injected motor. I have new springs to match. Some say it will work and some say it won't. It's a daily driver, 2wd 5 spd truck. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts