Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My driver side window has seized. I think the window motor is dead. Is it worth replacing this my self, or should I have a shop look at it?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Official TN PimP
485 Posts
its really easy to fix, its usually the Window Regulator that just prolly snapped from the plastic holster for the window to go up and down, or the wire might tangle, watever the case, go on trusty ol ebay.com and search for "camry window regulator"
find the one for ur camry year and buy it, all u gotta do is take off the door panel and unscrew some stuff put the window on the holder and bolt it back...buy it first, and then msg me and ill help u with wat to do. or some one here can help.:cool:

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Do you hear the motor when trying to lower the window? If you don't hear anything than it's prob. the motor. If you do hear the motor and the window doesn't go up or down, then prob. the regulator.

·
Official TN PimP
485 Posts
even if its the motor or regulator, ebay people sell it together, i dont think u can buy it seperatly, althought i do have a spare passenger side 94 Camry Window motor on my work desk, it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts