Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 camry
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Well it's that time of year where it's too cold to turn on the a/c but too warm to leave the heat on... So I rolled down my windows today and encountered a small issue. My driver's side rear window will do down but won't go up. When I push the switch at the door itself, I can hear the motor force down, but when I pull up: nothing. Also, the button for that window at the master switch doesn't work. I tried pouring alcohol on both the master switch and the switch at the faulty door, I also tried changing the switch at the faulty door, but I still had the same issue: down, but no up. Before I go ahead and take out the door panel for the driver's door to change the master switch(which I have lying around: remnants from a part out of my dad's 91 camry) does anyone have a solution for this issue? I simply want to get the window up so I can actually get to work monday morning....:headbang::headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
95 camry
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump: I REALLY need this window up by tommorow.... how would I go about reversing the polarity myself on the motor. I tried simply reversing the wires at the motor with no success...

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300D
54 Posts
Remove the door panel and run power straight from the battery to the window regulator's motor. Be careful though, as you can burn stuff up if you continue to give it power after it is all the way up or down.

If all else fails, you can remove the regulator and use some paracord or mechanic's wire to tie it in the 'up' position. My passenger's window is currently in the up position using this method. The paracord/wire is hidden by the door's molding, and no one is the wiser(Until the try to open the window of course:p)

My guess is that your switch needs to be tested/disassembled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts