Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if its not one thing its another...

but my driver side window went down and now will not come back up. it showed no signs of stuggling or the anything, just that one day it wouldnt come back up. you can hear a single Click from the motor when you try to go up. so im guessing its the motor that died not a wire or switch some where?

also is there anyway to force the window up until i find a new motor to put in it. ive seen people with other cars have this problem and they could just pull up on the window no problem. that hasnt worked for me it wont budge at all.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
If there's actually a click and it's not the switch, I'd think something is bad w/the motor. Frequently with Mk3's, the switch contacts need to be cleaned then they work again fine but your symptoms are not the norm.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeeves said:
If there's actually a click and it's not the switch, I'd think something is bad w/the motor. Frequently with Mk3's, the switch contacts need to be cleaned then they work again fine but your symptoms are not the norm.

yea ive checked the switch the contacts seem ok to me, and the click is definitely coming from the motor. i just really want a way to force it up for the time being....

·
Noob ??? Not on cars !!
'89 N/A Supra
50 Posts
Don't try to force it !! You should pull the door panel off, then remove whatever is needed inside the door to get the window loose. You could then raise it, and use a piece of wood to put under the glass to keep it up until you can afford to get the parts needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts