Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power window will work sometimes but it will run slower and slower and don't work at all. I have taken out the motor from the regulator and I can see that it will seem to work okay once but if I keep on running it up and down, it will slow down eventually to stop working. After a couple of minutes later, it will work again.

So, I got a cardone regulator assembly, but the fitment to the door is not precise. I am attaching a pic where I have highlighted the difference in the bolt holes.
I did manage to install but the motor is not running smooth. I guess its straining both the glass and motor so had to take it out again. I thought of swapping the
motor but not sure it will be an exact fit.
Has anyone installed this cardone regulator or is there any better option out there.?
thanks!
20200726_133904.jpg

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
238 Posts
I have no experience with the Cardone window regulator but the motors usually are good make sure you got the correct one there are slightly different between the Japan built models and USA made models so be sure you ordered the correct one for your car

·
Registered
93 Camry, 98 Camry,
739 Posts
I would have gone to a wrecking yard and found your part.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,141 Posts
x2
return the Cardone part since it hasn't solved your issue, and look for a used one from a salvage yard instead

Also, just to make sure it is the motor, make sure the glass, by itself, will slide up and down in the frame without binding anywhere.

·
Registered
Toyotas.
558 Posts
I did have an issue with fitment on my one '99 TMMK when replacing a regulator from another '99 TMMK. So I swapped motors, instead.
Always use Toyota brand motors, even if you have to grab one out of the junkyard. Rear door windows get used less than front, just sayin'

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
238 Posts
Are all motors similar in all 4 doors?
Working as a mechanic at the dealership I have seen they are all different they are kinda in the shape of each window almost none of them are the same that I have seen

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,141 Posts
The Ge4 Camry window regulator motors are convenient because the Fr and Rr RH side motors are common (same part), and on the LH side, their only difference is the polarity (and so if you have a rear you want to use in the front, it is easy to swap the wires in the connector housing to deal with that).

·
Registered
Toyotas.
558 Posts
I'll have to get pics of my spares. I recall them being diagonally compatible. Makes no sense building four different motors when they do the same job.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have had good luck using cheap eBay regulators w/ motors on all my cars. Cardone sucks a lot like Dorman.
I am adding your story to my to my long list of reasons to hate power windows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts