Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my passenger (right) front window will go down but not up.. i was hoping someone could inform me which color wire does what so i can figure out which one is the culprit.

thanks in advance

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts
Does it act the same from the master switch and the switch on the door?

Blue: Constant power with ignition on
Red: Power to motor when going down, ground when going up
Green: Power to motor when going up, ground when going down
Green w/ white stripe: Power to motor when going up from master switch (ground for down)
Red w/ blue stripe: Power to motor when going down from master switch (ground for up)

-Charlie

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info!

the window only goes down when i use the switch on the passenger door... nothing happens when i use the master switch... So I'm guessing its going to be one of the wires from the master switch: grn/white or red/blue

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had the same issue, where the big wireing goes thew the front drivers door. I had the 2 rear drivers window wires snap of in there. I just ran new wires from the master to the door piller behind the drivers seat.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
With ignition off disconnect harness from the passenger door switch.
On the harness, using 2 “u-jumpers” fabricated from paper clip,
Connect:
Plain green wire to green/wht wire;
Red wire to red/ wht wire
Leave blue wire alone
Turn ignition on
Operate window from the master switch.
If it works, replace the passenger door switch

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok.. well i tried that.. but i connected red to red/drk blu (if i remember right) because i didnt see a red/white wire

but anyway, it didnt work when i tried using the master switch... so what now?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts
ok.. well i tried that.. but i connected red to red/drk blu (if i remember right) because i didnt see a red/white wire

but anyway, it didnt work when i tried using the master switch... so what now?
You need to connect the red and red with stripe together AND also connect green and green with strip together to bypass the door switch.

-Charlie

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah i meant to say that... i did connect the green and green/white together and also the reds together... but no luck..

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Assuming that yours U-jumpers made good contacts inside the door switch connector, and the motor still not working, proceed to the next step

Now get 12 volt license plate light bulb [#87 for example] and solder two wires to it push the other ends of these wires one to the red/with stripe and other to the green wire with stripe, then turn ignition on and operate master switch . If light is “on” on one position but not at other, master switch has a problem.
My friend had a weird problem with his car’s power window: it worked only with engine running [14 v] and not from the battery [12 v}

1 - 10 of 10 Posts