Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up guys? I have a 92 camry and my power windows and locks stopped working (none of the windows work nor do the buttons glow). It happend before but started working again for a while. So I figure its not a fuse. I didnt know these things used relays and maybe its sticking? I got an aftermarket master switch from a buddy for about 5 bucks and that didnt do anything. Anyone know which relays might be the problem and possibly the locations? I believe theres a power window relay and a power something relay? any help would be great, i wanna get those windows down for summer.

Edit: A few times I got in the car at night I saw the lights glowing on the buttons so I tried rolling down the windows, soon as I pressed it down the lights went out n the power to em was killed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cut the rubber wire protector between the door n the body and there were 3 wires with cracked insulation, i wrapped em up tight in electrical tape but it didnt fix it. i tried pulling out the MPR to test it but i dont see it being possible to pull it out. my hands can barely get in there and theres not enough room to wrap some pliers around it. maybe ill use some epoxy on a screw driver n rip it off that way. i guess my next step will be to check every wire for continuity. do you guys have any tips that might save me some time?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright I got a question, I know its ghetto rigging but i only need the driver side window to roll down. If I just ran a wire straight from the battery through the firewall along with a ground wire and replaced it with the red and green wire in the connector going to the power window master switch, would that allow my front driver side window to roll down and let the rest stay broken? Or is it setup so all the wires gotta have continuity? Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
59 Posts
The wires between the door and body needs to be repaired, not just wrapped. The wires are most likely broken. If the insulation is cracked, the wires themselves are probably too. Look closer.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
take the door apart... take the connector in your hand check continuity between those pins and the pins on the inside of the kick panel...

when this happened with my brother's 96, there were 3 wires severed on each side!
i never had any problems with my 94 before.. but this was amazing to see how they were just sliced through...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts