Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dressed N Black
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELL I WASHED MY TRUCK TODAY ABOUT 12:OO AND ABOUT 8:00 PM I WAS DRIVING AND I ROLLED DOWN MY WINDOW AND IT WAS FROZEN, THE POWER WINDOW DID HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO BREAK IT OPEN, BUT IS THAT NORMAL TO HAVE ICE SOMEWHERE BY THE WINDOW WELL YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT I MEAN. :confused: ALSO IS YOUR GUYS POWER WINDOWS A LITTLE LOUD WHEN YOU ROLL THEM UP?

G

·
Just another in a list of aggravting things on this truck. My windows freeze EVERY single time it snows, sleets, or even just frosts the windows over night. Good solid freeze up as well and the power motor doesn't have the juice to break it free. I actually don't even try because I am afraid it will rip the weatherstrip which doesn't fit well to start with.

I have noticed that when you put the window up and down with like snow or rain on it to try and clear it off it does not. The fit is not very good on the weatherstrip to the window. I think that is why it freezes so easy because moisture gets in there very easily. Not a good thing and I fully expect these trucks in 3-5 years to start having doors rusting out from the inside in a big way.

I know someone on here, not too long back, posted about finding a lot of water in their doors on their new speakers. Just a sign of future problems to come for us I believe.

·
Car Dealers Suck !
651 Posts
Mine do it also on cold days. As far as the doors rusting out in a few years I doubt that will happen. There are drain holes in the bottom of the doors. I think the water that people are referring to is collecting on braces or brackets in the doors. All doors get water in them . None are water tight

·
Taco-Taco
14 Posts
BFD. Who needs to roll down windows in icy temps?

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
mine have not frozen yet.

as for the speaker guy, i believe he tore his doors apart and since they are no longer stock, he don't count

also, don't the doors have holes in the bottom to let the water drain, so rusting shouldn't be an issue, but if it happens in the first 60K, take it to the dealer for warrenty work

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Its never a good idea to roll your window down when the temps are below freezing. A lot of times you will burn up a window motor and they almost always stick when they are down.
Over the years my family had our fair share of problems with rear window motors on Ford Broncos. (you had to lower the window in order to open the tailgate) We learned the hard way that you dont use power windows unless the temps are above freezing.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
A coat of car wax on your windows will make the ice release from the window easier.

And to keep your door seals from freezing to the door jamb, put some 'tire shine' or tire protectant all the way around the rubber seal. Using a foam applicator will make the stuff go on smooth and even.

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
81shark said:
mine have not frozen yet.

as for the speaker guy, i believe he tore his doors apart and since they are no longer stock, he don't count

also, don't the doors have holes in the bottom to let the water drain, so rusting shouldn't be an issue, but if it happens in the first 60K, take it to the dealer for warrenty work
That was me!

The speakers magnets were wet and the terminals too. The stock speakers are equipped with a shield on them to prevent them from getting wet. I went back to stock. I think they sound just as good. I wasted $300. BTW the rains that got my speakers wet were the hardest rains we have seen in Northern California for a LONG TIME. I couldn't believe it. I put the doors back on correctly 100%. I examined each door like 10x to see if everything was snug and nothing was loose or rattling.

Now, if they get wet and fuck up I simply go to the dealer and BAM, immediate swap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts