Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help. i have a 3rd gen celica GT-S with power w/l and they dont work! i have no clue what it is. if you move the switch you can hear a 'click' sound, i think the power is not the problem. but then..what can it be? my passenger side window use to work sometimes, and not it doesnt either. but my moonroof still works. what can it be? any clue? thanx.

nacho_nismo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you made any eletrical system changes lately? sounds as though its an electrical problem. like there is a short some where. if you have done anything to your brianbox you might have jerked a wire. i would also check your fuses and be sure they are all the way plugged in. your locking mechanisims obviously work if you can get in and out of the car so check the electrical stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx. but i havent done anything electrical to the car, it was like this when i got it:(

·
Registered
421 Posts
Your PW motors probably took a dump after 20 years.

I had to replace both pw motors in my 4th gen. Take the door trim off and unplug the connector. Run 12V juice to each of the prongs and see if it works. If not, it's gonna be the pw switch itself.

·
Registered
87, 99 Camry's
5 Posts
Check the wiring that goes between the door and as it enters the body. I'll bet you have multiple broken conductors in that area. Good luck.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts