Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last two days, I've had some problems with my power windows. Two days ago, the rear right window wouldn't go up; later in the day, it started working again. Last night, the front right window wouldn't go up and as of this morning, it still won't. I've tried both the driver's side controls and the respective door controls with no avail. In either case, the other windows worked fine, so I don't think it's a fuse issue.

What could be causing this? (I searched the forums but didn't find anything quite pertinent.)

·
Registered
214 Posts
could be your window motor...if you've never replaced them then they're almost 15years old and just in need of replacement

it's also most likely the motor if they'll work for a time, then stop working, but if you leave it alone for awhile, they'll start working again...lol, yeah, check your motor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh, I wouldn't expect such intermittent use with two motors in the span of two days; guess the planets are aligned or something....

If I have to replace the motor, how much should I expect and where can I find a quality one? (Recommendations? ;))

·
Registered
214 Posts
on ebay, they're like 25bux so you could probably find one at a junkyard around that price or for a little bit more

if you can even find a dealership that has one, you'll probably get charged twice as much or even more

i'd check your local junkyards and auto shops around you to see if they can get the piece for you...it's easy enough to install at home but i don't know how hard it is to find a 90 camry around your area

but if i were you, just buy one and make sure it's the motor...like i said, i could be wrong

·
Not so Noob now!
557 Posts
Your wiring harness to your DS door might need to be fixed. I recently rewired the harness in my 87 Camry because the windows would only work when the door was open part way. Turned out half wires in the harness had broken and were only making contact when the door was at certain angles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh, I fixed it by unlocking the window lock button. :rolleyes: Funny thing was that it happened a few times when I definitely hadn't pressed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts