Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How precise can powder coating be? I want to get a set of the FJ wheels, but I want the 6 star face to be powder coated like a gunmetal grey and leave the center and the lip untouched so they are silver. Is that something that can be done?

Any idea on a price range and how long the shop would need the wheels before I could mount my tires back on?

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DAB516 said:
Yes this can be done fairly easy and should cost you in the range of $30-$50 per wheel but could be more depending on location.
thats not bad, do you know how long the process would take, is it something I can pick back up same day?

· Registered
88 Posts
I just had a set of motorcycle wheels powder coated black. It cost $100 for both wheels and took them 3 days. I then went back and took some rear-sets (foot pegs) to them to be powder coated and they said it would be ready the next day.

· Go Sharks!!!
06 tacoma prerunner
1,364 Posts
yea depends on the shop that does it. Theres a powder coating shop near where i live, my cousin had his motorcycle wheels powder coated too and the price i think was about $50 a wheel, not sure he had acouple other things powder coated as well. yea more then possible to leave a section silver, they spray it on just like paint the only diff is they cure it in an oven.

· Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
11,741 Posts
It can be applied however you want it. The powdercoat on my wheels stops cleanly at the polished lip.

If the shop isn't busy it can be done in one day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.