Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol remove the glass. lets hope it doesnt come to that. im not planning on overdoing it, i will have the 1000/1 turned way down. i could see getting new suspension, just driving home with the speaker/box in my trunk i was really feeling it. not to mention all the dynamat and the 1000/1's weight its gonna need it. but seriously you think 1 13w7 with a 1000/1 would shatter the glass on my 96 4dr sedan?

·
Registered
Highlander
1,764 Posts
With the amount of pressure built up inside the trunk, there will be some flexing going on, and a 13W7 will only work in a slot-ported box, I believe. You don't want to inhibit the slot port in anyway.

I've personally seen a 12W7 getting pumped by a small, older Alpine mono-amp that was flexing the roof of the Civic SI hatchback. But of course, the 4-dr sedan is built much better and has more structural support, so flexing may not be visible at all. There's nothing you can do about flexing. It's the same concept as an earthquake, low seismic waves will shake solid objects.

·
Got SQ?
802 Posts
The roof of my car flexes :D and the trunk lid too! Sounddeaden as much as you can, especially the rear deck, I need to do that soon! That thing ratlles at only 80dbs. 13W7 and a 1000watt=:eek: :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.