Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I own a Mighty-Vac brand vacuum/bleeder kit. I have bled/replaced the brake fluid in all of our vehicles with it. It is a very good tool to use for brake fluid replacement, or just just bleeding the lines. The best part is that a second person is not needed to pump the brake pedal. I highly recommend it, and it is also helpful in checking your vehicle for vacuum leak problems.

· Registered
5,055 Posts
i purchased a hand bleeder a while back, and the 'tank' that came with didn't seal right...

i've never needed anything special (other than a rubber hose to fit over the fitting and a pan to catch the fluid) to bleed any brakes...

i originally purchased the hand pump for clutches... as the master cylinders in a lot of clutches can be a PAIN in the ass to bleed..... brakes are easy....

start with the farthest back line, crack it open maybe ~1 full turn.... connect the hose to the line.... RUN THE LINE DIRECTLY UPWARDS, then you can have the hose turn back down towards a pan..... (having the hose go up is critical.... as air/fluid can go up, but not back down to the bleeder).... then just pump away (making sure the master has fluid)....

go to the bleeder, tighten it up as much as possible w/o removing the hose, then pull the hose off and tighten it fully.....

repeat on all other corners..... this is the fastest way that one person can bleed them on their own

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.