Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we dont have a previa form, and so i geuss ill post here...i dont really kno where else to post but w/e.

i was woundering on how the hell do u get to the brake light. my drivers side brake light is blown and i need to replace it...but i dunno how to get it to it. thanks

(i tried lookin for a haynes but couldnt find one local, and i need this replaced asap)

thx again

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
general discussion...

im not familiar with the previa at allllll... but i would guess that there is some kind of trim panel or piece that you have to take off to access the taillight from inside the rear cabin. usually thats how it works...

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
your best bet is to look around the rear interior, as zoni said, there's probably some peice of trim you have to pry out, then its just a connector and twist the bulb out

·
Druken Postwhore
AE92GTS
2,490 Posts
hehe,

for previa, there 5 brake lights....

2 on the left (outter and inner) and 2 on the right (outter and inner) and 1 in the centre (some models do not have this)

for the outter brake light, there 2 screws that holding the housing. you can use either 10mm wrench or a philip screw driver to unscrew it. than you try to gentally pry it out (towards you) and i'll come poping out.....but be very creful since the housing can break....

the inner brake light, unscrew the 2 screw type clip, and try to yank the hatch cover off..... than there should be either a clear plastic circle wrap or a round rubber cover....and you brake light is under that......

the centre light, there should be 2 clip holding it, and push the smaller circle in than take the clip off....

i know uts not all clear, but you'll figure it some how:_

·
Registered
12 Posts
The previa do not have 10mm bolts its always screws and when you open the boot the screws are where the seals are then they are the top lights they take 10mins to remove and replace DO NOT touch the lights if u do wipe clean with brake cleaner ? slide the light case of towards you after u unscrew it if it is a bit tight use a flat screw driver and leaver it away from the body "3 yrs in motor vehicle"

·
Registered
2 Posts
well we dont have a previa form, and so i geuss ill post here...i dont really kno where else to post but w/e.

i was woundering on how the hell do u get to the brake light. my drivers side brake light is blown and i need to replace it...but i dunno how to get it to it. thanks

(i tried lookin for a haynes but couldnt find one local, and i need this replaced asap)

thx again
http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/22/c9/38/0900823d8022c938/repairInfoPages.htm This link will take you to some detailed pictures from Auto Zone on how to replace your lights. Hope it helps.

·
Former Toyota/ASE Master
325i
1,082 Posts
Holy thread revival! I hope that after 3 1/2 years the op figured out how to change his bulb...:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts