Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
LowLife Egg
93 Toyota Previa LE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i just received my last load of parts for my previa and now it begins:D. im gonna post a before pic now and a small list of things im going to be doing over the next couple of months on my free time. i cant wait to get started! all work is going to be done by myself as well.

here she is, a 93 LE with leather, swivel captain chairs, and dual moonroofs.

my christmas list includes....
raceonusa full body kit and grille
aftermarket 18' wheels
JDM headlights W/ Fogs and taillight conversion
octane motorsports wing
tint windows
6K HID bixenon headlights
6K HID Fogs in lower bumper
lowered 2 inches
jdm extra wide ventvisors
drilled and slotted rotors
full kicker audio upgrade 7' dvd touch screen (with dvd headrests for kids) audiobahn amp, 12' kicker sub.

also, im not sure what i want to do for color, i like the factory blue it is. would you guys color match the kit or go a different color? im on the bridge about that one and don't know about that yet.

I don't want anything over the top crazy. just a nice low cruizer with a clean kit and wheels.

i will post pics of the parts and work as it goes along..

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,790 Posts

·
FMVSS 108 FTW
1995 Previa All-Trac
770 Posts
I love the wheels but hate the rivets around them. :headbang:
I think those hold the two halves of the rim together (assuming it's actually a two-piece rim, which I do not know enough about these to say with certainty). If it IS a two-piece rim, then you're gonna need to hold them together -- if it's not, then those are as cool as a fake cellphone antenna.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,790 Posts
I think those hold the two halves of the rim together (assuming it's actually a two-piece rim, which I do not know enough about these to say with certainty). If it IS a two-piece rim, then you're gonna need to hold them together -- if it's not, then those are as cool as a fake cellphone antenna.
If they are needed or not I've just never liked the looks of them, & they are a pain to keep clean around the rivet. :headbang: I would look for a wheel without the rivet for my own taste. :)

·
LowLife Egg
93 Toyota Previa LE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they are needed or not I've just never liked the looks of them, & they are a pain to keep clean around the rivet. :headbang: I would look for a wheel without the rivet for my own taste. :)

actually, its not that hard to keep them clean around the rivets, i have a soft wheel brush that clean's them up in a couple of swipes. i looked at a few other sets with and without the rivets, to be honest i really didn't care. i just wanted a 5 spoke design.

·
LowLife Egg
93 Toyota Previa LE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, i like them.

and they are way more cool than 45watt low beams:cool:

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,790 Posts
actually, its not that hard to keep them clean around the rivets, i have a soft wheel brush that clean's them up in a couple of swipes. i looked at a few other sets with and without the rivets, to be honest i really didn't care. i just wanted a 5 spoke design.
Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the wheels. :D I've just never liked rivets, that's all. :lol:

·
LowLife Egg
93 Toyota Previa LE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the wheels. :D I've just never liked rivets, that's all. :lol:
no worries at all man, i would have been just as happy with the wheels either way to be honest...rivets or no rivets:lol:

also forgot to add, that before these wheels go on i have cross drilled and slotted rotors as well. my front rotors now are BAD!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,790 Posts
no worries at all man, i would have been just as happy with the wheels either way to be honest...rivets or no rivets:lol:

also forgot to add, that before these wheels go on i have cross drilled and slotted rotors as well. my front rotors now are BAD!
Where did you find those rotors? I would love them on my Previa too. :thumbsup:

·
LowLife Egg
93 Toyota Previa LE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you find those rotors? I would love them on my Previa too. :thumbsup:

there was a guy having a group buy over at the mitsubishi forums that i visit alot for my eclipse. and i ask him if he could get them for a previa and he did. they are not that expensive and look/perform great!

i have had the same exact type he sells on my eclipse for 2 years now with no problems, and they still look great.

he sells them on ebay as well under the name R1 motorsports or something like that. i can get you a link if you like.

·
LowLife Egg
93 Toyota Previa LE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
little update!
got the new pads and rotors on along with the new wheels, and i got the front bumper mounted along with the lower fogs and hids. also put the jdm side window visors on.

she is now also lowered! that made the biggest difference as far as looks go. my dad brought over some lowering springs from another toyota. not sure on the info but i didnt think they would work. i also had to replace the shocks and struts as they were far gone and made noise. i went with Kyb GR-2'S they are 10-15% more firm than regular shocks and are perfect for lowering springs. i have the same setup on my mitsubishi. she handles as good as she looks now with the new wider tires and lowered stance.

hopefully i can finish up the kit and get the new wing mounted this weekend. then get started on the audio.i hate driving a vehicle without a radio!

·
Registered
1991 Previa 5 speed,
613 Posts
Hello .............. Pictures !!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
pictures

Hey guys, i just received my last load of parts for my previa and now it begins:D. im gonna post a before pic now and a small list of things im going to be doing over the next couple of months on my free time. i cant wait to get started! all work is going to be done by myself as well.

here she is, a 93 LE with leather, swivel captain chairs, and dual moonroofs.

my christmas list includes....
raceonusa full body kit and grille
aftermarket 18' wheels
JDM headlights W/ Fogs and taillight conversion
octane motorsports wing
tint windows
6K HID bixenon headlights
6K HID Fogs in lower bumper
lowered 2 inches
jdm extra wide ventvisors
drilled and slotted rotors
full kicker audio upgrade 7' dvd touch screen (with dvd headrests for kids) audiobahn amp, 12' kicker sub.

also, im not sure what i want to do for color, i like the factory blue it is. would you guys color match the kit or go a different color? im on the bridge about that one and don't know about that yet.

I don't want anything over the top crazy. just a nice low cruizer with a clean kit and wheels.

i will post pics of the parts and work as it goes along..

hi man,
cant wait to see your transformed Previa's pictures! ;)

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,790 Posts
there was a guy having a group buy over at the mitsubishi forums that i visit alot for my eclipse. and i ask him if he could get them for a previa and he did. they are not that expensive and look/perform great!

i have had the same exact type he sells on my eclipse for 2 years now with no problems, and they still look great.

he sells them on ebay as well under the name R1 motorsports or something like that. i can get you a link if you like.
Link me please. :lol:

·
LowLife Egg
93 Toyota Previa LE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
44 Posts
Boo... where are the updated pics?????:D:D

whoa..are those 18x9.5 wheels for the rears and 18x8.5 for the fronts?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,790 Posts
no problem, he has a few sets on ebay right now. the link is for a complete set with pads. or you can get just the rotors as well. these are nice rotors that hold up over time and look great with aftermarket wheels:thumbsup:

i have had these exact same rotors on my eclipse for almost 3 years now with no problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Thanks for the link. Those were for a 90-93 model so I asked them if they had them for my 95 Previa. :thumbsup:

·
LowLife Egg
93 Toyota Previa LE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey guys,
sorry for not updating recently, i have been out of town with family issues.

but, i have some news. i will be changing my front bumper to a different style. the one i had was so common on the egg body kits that i wanted something different. not that i don't like the look anymore, just that i want something different from the other eggs with kits.

the style i did have

and my new style front

·
Registered
44 Posts
That Van with a Kenstyle kit looks familiar. I think he sold that kit a few years ago.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts