Toyota Nation Forum banner

2581 - 2600 of 2738 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Has anyone here been shopping in the southeast and received pricing on an XLE that they will share? I've begun shopping and really hope to get out the door at $35,000 or less, with a 4% tax rate, so essentially paying about $33k for the truck and maybe $500 doc fee. I may buy by the end of the week (also the end of the month), but then again, hate to miss out on any possibly larger September rebates. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sent you a pm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone here been shopping in the southeast and received pricing on an XLE that they will share? I've begun shopping and really hope to get out the door at $35,000 or less, with a 4% tax rate, so essentially paying about $33k for the truck and maybe $500 doc fee. I may buy by the end of the week (also the end of the month), but then again, hate to miss out on any possibly larger September rebates. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Best pricing I've gotten was $34.5K through Costco, with $38K otd once I got to the dealership for a Blizzard Pearl XLE FWD V6. Another dealer was willing to beat it by $1,000 for a total of $37,000 otd. After seeing a handful of people getting better deals, I'm not sure what else I can do to further negotiate down even more. I'm still shopping around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the hunt for a Blizzard Pearl XLE FWD V6. This is the best deal my local dealer was willing to give me, even after going through the Costco auto program.

MSRP - $41,025
Dealership savings - ($6,510.19)
Total Sale Price - $34,514.81
2 Year Comp Maint - 0
Lifetime Powertrain Warranty - 0
Sales Tax (FL) - $2153.18
Tires/Battery/MVWEA - $8.50
Tag/Registration - $549.00
Dealer Service Fee- $799

For a total of - 38,024.47

Another dealer an hour away was willing to beat it by $1,000.
What do you guys think about the price? It seems a lot higher than what everyone else is paying..
When I mention about a rebate, they either look at me like a mad man or claim that its already included in the dealership discount.

Still shopping around... Might even go for a LE V6 FWD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am buying this weekend in OKC. What should I look out for when buying a new 19 Limited or Platinum? I haven't made up my mind yet on which one to get or just get a Limited with AWD. Any suggestions are appreciated and any dealer insights are really appreciated for the OKC area. Thanks for any insig hts or tidbits of information you can share. We have:
Hudiburg Toyota Bob Howard Toyota Fowler Toyota.

·
Registered
736 Posts
On the hunt for a Blizzard Pearl XLE FWD V6. This is the best deal my local dealer was willing to give me, even after going through the Costco auto program.

MSRP - $41,025
2 Year Comp Maint - 0
Dealer Service Fee- $799

What do you guys think about the price? It seems a lot higher than what everyone else is paying..
When I mention about a rebate, they either look at me like a mad man or claim that its already included in the dealership discount.

FL has a $2500 factory to dealer incentive where in many states there are up to $3000 rebates. The big difference is that one has to be disclosed and the other doesn’t. This dealer is basically only giving you a 10% discount which tells us that there is at least another $2000 in the deal. Just a matter of figuring out how to get it out of them. New rebates will be out Tuesday but I doubt there will be any earth shaking increases.

Keep in mind that Costco really benefits the dealer more than the customer. Gives the dealer a direct line to leads for many customers that are laydowns. Even though my Costco price was fair and better than what my local dealers wanted to sell for, I still negotiated another $2000 off when there wasn’t any rebates on these at the time.

Then again, many dealers are just not gonna give up their best price until you are actually ready to buy. Doesn’t sound like you are actually ready to pull the trigger yet to me since you haven’t actually settled on your final choice of vehicle. Many here can steer you to great dealerships but quite honestly we don’t want to burn our contacts time by referring looky Lou’s.

·
Registered
7 Posts

MSRP - $41,025
2 Year Comp Maint - 0
Dealer Service Fee- $799

Your pricing looks okay on the one you described, but I assume you'd drive an hour for $1,000. The total sale price of $34,514 is good, IMHO, based on me finding $34,200 for the FWD XLE, but where this dealer might be piling on is adding the 549 and 799, for pretty much the same thing - their doc fees. I would ask them to delete one of those, but then again, I would not be buying there. I'd be driving an hour to save $1,0000. Good luck. My guess is that if you give it a day or two, but keep working them by emails to lower the price, they'll come down to meet their quotas by this Saturday, the end of the month.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am buying this weekend in OKC. What should I look out for when buying a new 19 Limited or Platinum? I haven't made up my mind yet on which one to get or just get a Limited with AWD. Any suggestions are appreciated and any dealer insights are really appreciated for the OKC area. Thanks for any insig hts or tidbits of information you can share. We have:
Hudiburg Toyota Bob Howard Toyota Fowler Toyota.
Please read my post for lqk92 above. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought my wife a '19 Limited Platinum AWD, Blizzard Pearl, Saddle interior, fully loaded minus Hybrid. Sticker was $49,8**, but I ended up getting it for $42,000 OTD. Took advantage of the 0% for 60 mos too. She's coming from a 2011 Audi Q5, but so far, the Highlander has everything her old car had.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my wife a '19 Limited Platinum AWD, Blizzard Pearl, Saddle interior, fully loaded minus Hybrid. Sticker was $49,8**, but I ended up getting it for $42,000 OTD. Took advantage of the 0% for 60 mos too. She's coming from a 2011 Audi Q5, but so far, the Highlander has everything her old car had.
Does your price include any extended warranty or service plans (Toyota Care)? If not then what was the reason for not considering those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is what I was quoted in Alexandria, VA:

2019 Highlander XLE AWD
3.5L V6 with 8-Speed Auto Transmission
Celestial Silver (DX#2787) or Shoreline Blue Pearl (DX#5905)
Black Leather Interior

Sale Price - $33,997
Body Side Molding - $209
Door Edge Guards - $125
Rear Bumper Protector - $139
Remote Start - $589
Tow Hitch/Wiring Harness - $749
Black Grill - $800
Processing - $689
Sales Tax - $1,753
Tags, Title and Registration - $79
Total Cost - $39,129 (assumes VA registration) includes all taxes and fees

I dropped off the hitch and black grill, and negotiated a little on the base price (they quoted me ~$33,697 in store), so I was out the door for $37,143. I did not get an extended warranty or paint/interior protection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put a deposit down for the following:

2019 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
Shoreline Blue, Saddle Tan interior
Purchased in Virginia

MSRP: $45,454
Discount: $6,943
Rebate: $3,000
Subtotal: $35,511
Tax (VA 4.15%): $1,548
Dealer Fee: $799
Destination: $997
Tags/Title: $65
Out the Door: $39,000

I am happy with the deal, maybe I could have saved a little more? Possibly. But I wanted this color combo, they're getting a little bit harder to find, not worth it to save maybe 500-1000 3 months from now and get a color combo I wasn't happy with.
I was looking for the same SUV with different color.
Could you shave who was the dealer and salesman?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you buy, I looked at one yesterday and they would not budge, $50,000 out the door price. no trade in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What dealership and state are you in. I could not get the dealer in Texas to budge of $50,000 OTD price, they were pretty mad when I did not take their offer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So do you think I can do better on the below? I am still checking with other dealers, but this is the best one so far.

2019 Highlander Limited FWD (Blue ext, almond int)
43,940 Base MSRP (includes the 1060 Delivery,Processing, Handling Fee)
931 SE Toyota Distributor installed options (Floor Mats, Paint protection/hood pkg, Phone cable)
500 Dealer add on #1 Window Tint
399 Dealer add on #2 Door Edge guards, Bumper Protector
==============================
45,770 all in MSRP

-9,500 Discount (includes rebate)
1,100 NC Tax (rounded)
103 Tag Title Reg
699 Doc Fee
==================
38,172 (they then rounded it down to $38,000 OTD)

Aug 31 addendum: This specific HL (along with several other vehicles) was discounted because of a hail storm that came through a month or so back. I could only find a couple of very small dings on the passenger door chrome trim that is perceptible if the light hits it right. I did not buy this (because my wife really wanted the white pearl and I will cover that in another post) , so this is still available at the moment at Apex NC Toyota (ask for sales mgr Terry Lett).

·
Registered
7 Posts
So do you think I can do better on the below? I am still checking with other dealers, but this is the best one so far.

2019 Highlander Limited FWD (Blue)
931 SE Toyota Distributor installed options (Floor Mats, Paint protection/hood pkg, Phone cable)
45,770 all in MSRP

1,100 NC Tax (rounded)
103 Tag Title Reg
699 Doc Fee
==================
Very well done! I have not found a Limited below $39,000 OTD with comparable taxes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We live in Oregon. Bought a Silver XLE on Thursday with the bench second row seats

MSP $41725.00
Sales Price $37265.00
Rebate $3000
Fees and Tax $764

Dealer included the all weather floor mats at no charge for an OTD cost of $35,029
Which dealer did you end up purchasing from?

·
Registered
736 Posts

2019 Highlander Limited FWD (Blue)
45,770 all in MSRP

1,100 NC Tax (rounded)
103 Tag Title Reg
699 Doc Fee
==================
Very good deal. I’ve sent you a pm that may save you a few more dollars. May not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you guys think there will be a better deal than this. This is going to give an additional $750 off for military rebate?

This is cheaper than buying used right now.$33,579.77 + tags and taxes out the door.

2581 - 2600 of 2738 Posts