Toyota Nation Forum banner

2601 - 2620 of 2752 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Do you guys think there will be a better deal than this. This is going to give an additional $750 off for military rebate?

This is cheaper than buying used right now.$33,579.77 + tags and taxes out the door.
Better deal than what? All I see is $33579.77 What’s it on? What’s the MSRP. Be very careful on the military rebate. I believe Toyota requires you be discharged or retired within the last 12 months and to the best of my knowledge is $500 everywhere!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Better deal than what? All I see is $33579.77 What’s it on? What’s the MSRP. Be very careful on the military rebate. I believe Toyota requires you be discharged or retired within the last 12 months and to the best of my knowledge is $500 everywhere!
Better deal before the 2020’s come out. Sorry that’s on a 2019 highlander xle with captain chairs.

I received a quote from USAA and Costco both coming in around $33k

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to get an Highlander XLE V6 AWD. So far the best price through online inquiry is about 34k.
Here is the break down:
MSRP: 42,500K
Deler Discount: 5,500
TMS discount: 3,000

THe 34k is just the vehicle price, excluding all the fees and taxes. Most of the dealers in the area will add $250 doc fee and $33 for the title/tag fees. Not sure how much I can negotiate down on the doc fee, but I think I can get them to waive the title.tag fees. The tax is $2,800 in my area (6.5-7.5% depending the county), so the total OTD is about $37k.

Is it a good deal here? I was hoping to get it down to 32k (exlcuding all the fees and tax), Tell me I am not being realistic here. I am in Cincinnati OH area. Any suggestion to bring the price down is very much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Better deal before the 2020’s come out. Sorry that’s on a 2019 highlander xle with captain chairs.

I received a quote from USAA and Costco both coming in around $33k
Inventory is already starting to dry up at some dealers. Now that the production for the 2019’s has ended, only new inventory will be what’s left at the port. We won’t see the new 2020’s arriving until late Nov probably so inventory will be scarce as we go on. You’re sitting on a 20% discount after rebate right now. Best we have seen here right now is I believe 22%. New rebates will come out tomorrow but don’t expect any earth shaking additions. Maybe 500 at the most and I doubt that.

Your USAA and Costco quotes are just a starting point. I also received both but still negotiated another $2K off my Costco quote. Looks like you have done the same.

If it’s the exact vehicle you want, it’s a very good deal. If it’s not, there may be a few hundred left in it if you want to continue to shop.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I am trying to get an Highlander XLE V6 AWD. So far the best price through online inquiry is about 34k.
Here is the break down:
MSRP: 42,500K
Deler Discount: 5,500
TMS discount: 3,000

THe 34k is just the vehicle price, excluding all the fees and taxes. Most of the dealers in the area will add $250 doc fee and $33 for the title/tag fees. Not sure how much I can negotiate down on the doc fee, but I think I can get them to waive the title.tag fees. The tax is $2,800 in my area (6.5-7.5% depending the county), so the total OTD is about $37k.

Is it a good deal here? I was hoping to get it down to 32k (exlcuding all the fees and tax), Tell me I am not being realistic here. I am in Cincinnati OH area. Any suggestion to bring the price down is very much appreciated. Thanks.
Ok. Per your request, you are not being realistic. The deal at best probably has another $800-1000 left in it. Every area of the country is different. Most areas 15% discount +rebate is about the best one can expect. But there are areas where that is just not happening.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys. I'm new here but a longtime Toyota fan. We have(had) a 2009 Rav4 V6 Sport and a 2012 Prius C. Well, we just got hit really bad from behind and the Rav4 is (I'm 99.9% sure) totaled. It had 94k miles on it and it was a pleasure to drive. I heard they don't make them like this anymore and this really sucks in all aspects. Like, we did nothing wrong and we are walking away with 5-8k (whatever Geico thinks the car is/was worth) and away we go trying to figure out what do do.

As I'm preparing for the worst, I'm thinking about getting a Highlander. I'm all about the "fully loaded" options which may mean the Limited trim or something with "all bells and whistles".

Before I visit any dealership, what are the things I need to be aware about? I'm assuming they want to get rid of the 2019 models. Are there major differences between the '19 and the '20 models? What prices am I expecting and what discounts? We live in Queens, NY.

I'm just so upset about this and how much financial impact this is having in my/our life. We have two young ones (3 and 1) and did nothing wrong. I was planning on driving my car for another 10 years and now I have no car.

Any pointers would be great and we are really appreciative.

Thank you.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi guys. I'm new here but a longtime Toyota fan. We have(had) a 2009 Rav4 V6 Sport and a 2012 Prius C. Well, we just got hit really bad from behind and the Rav4 is (I'm 99.9% sure) totaled. It had 94k miles on it and it was a pleasure to drive. I heard they don't make them like this anymore and this really sucks in all aspects. Like, we did nothing wrong and we are walking away with 5-8k (whatever Geico thinks the car is/was worth) and away we go trying to figure out what do do.

As I'm preparing for the worst, I'm thinking about getting a Highlander. I'm all about the "fully loaded" options which may mean the Limited trim or something with "all bells and whistles".

Before I visit any dealership, what are the things I need to be aware about? I'm assuming they want to get rid of the 2019 models. Are there major differences between the '19 and the '20 models? What prices am I expecting and what discounts? We live in Queens, NY.

I'm just so upset about this and how much financial impact this is having in my/our life. We have two young ones (3 and 1) and did nothing wrong. I was planning on driving my car for another 10 years and now I have no car.

Any pointers would be great and we are really appreciative.

Thank you.
Sorry to hear your problems. You will find much info on this thread regarding pricing and buying know how. Start from the last page and read backward. As far as differences go that would be another thread. This one is plenty long enough just from post on price and tactics. Try this one https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/2020-highlander-revealed.1651344/#post-14010452

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems. You will find much info on this thread regarding pricing and buying know how. Start from the last page and read backward. As far as differences go that would be another thread. This one is plenty long enough just from post on price and tactics. Try this one https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/2020-highlander-revealed.1651344/#post-14010452
Thank you. I’ll start reading. My head is spinning with all of this so I really appreciate any input.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Also sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm not understanding these two conflicting statements from your post. You had a seven year old Prius with almost 100k miles, and you are very upset about the financial impact, yet you are planning to buy a Highlander with all the bells and whistles for probably more than $40,000? Seems like the financial impact is optional, meaning you could select another Prius or a Sienna that is maybe five years or so old and avoid this bad financial impact. You might want to slow down and consider a less drastic reaction to the situation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm not understanding these two conflicting statements from your post. You had a seven year old Prius with almost 100k miles, and you are very upset about the financial impact, yet you are planning to buy a Highlander with all the bells and whistles for probably more than $40,000? Seems like the financial impact is optional, meaning you could select another Prius or a Sienna that is maybe five years or so old and avoid this bad financial impact. You might want to slow down and consider a less drastic reaction to the situation.
The car that was totaled was the RAV4, our family car. Both cars are (in case of the RAV4, was) in great condition. Services always done on time etc.

I drove the RAV4 to work and my commute is 20 miles a day. My wife drives the Prius and drives 15k a year.

I was planning to keep the RAV4 for another 5-8 years and replace the Prius in one or two years. After the incident i’ll be left with:

• No RAV4
  • 5k or whatever Geico will appraise it for
  • same 7 year old Prius I had before and need/want to replace in 1-2 years.
Does it make sense to you why I consider it a financial nightmare?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thank you. I’ll start reading. My head is spinning with all of this so I really appreciate any input.
Short answer again. You’re going to get a better deal on a 19 than a 20. Typically a new generation vehicle will not have any rebates to start with. We know that there is between $2500-3000 out there on 19’s. As long as you like to keep your vehicles a 2019 is a no brainer IMO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is what I was quoted in Alexandria, VA:

2019 Highlander XLE AWD
3.5L V6 with 8-Speed Auto Transmission
Celestial Silver (DX#2787) or Shoreline Blue Pearl (DX#5905)
Black Leather Interior

Sale Price - $33,997
Body Side Molding - $209
Door Edge Guards - $125
Rear Bumper Protector - $139
Remote Start - $589
Tow Hitch/Wiring Harness - $749
Black Grill - $800
Processing - $689
Sales Tax - $1,753
Tags, Title and Registration - $79
Total Cost - $39,129 (assumes VA registration) includes all taxes and fees

I dropped off the hitch and black grill, and negotiated a little on the base price (they quoted me ~$33,697 in store), so I was out the door for $37,143. I did not get an extended warranty or paint/interior protection.
Hi, congrats on your purchase. The $33,697 they quoted you above, does that include the $689 processing fee? So you walked out paying $37,143 or $39,129 out the door?

I live in Springfield and plan to buy the same spec. Sounds like you got a great deal if the included remote start. I believe that is an optional feature right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, congrats on your purchase. The $33,697 they quoted you above, does that include the $689 processing fee? So you walked out paying $37,143 or $39,129 out the door?

I live in Springfield and plan to buy the same spec. Sounds like you got a great deal if the included remote start. I believe that is an optional feature right?
I bought my Limited from a local dealer for $39k OTD. So it seems like that XLE seems high for 39k even with those specs. Also, if you do deal with Springfield, don't deal with Paul R.

·
Registered
1 Posts
chuckworth,

What dealer did you purchase this vehicle at? I am in the Chicagoland area looking for the same model.
A big thank you to everyone who has posted/provided prior sales info. Very helpful info overall and much appreciated.

Just purchased a new 2019 XLE AWD in IL as follows:

MSRP: $42,369.00 (w/ All Wx Floor Liner/Cargo Liner & Door Edge Guard)
Sales Price: $35,420.00 = 16.4% Savings Pre-Rebate
Rebate: $2,500 (July-Chicagoland, IL)
Post-Rebate Sales Price: $32,920.00 = 22.3% Savings Post-Rebate
IL License Transfer & Title: $200.00
Doc Fees: $179.81
Taxes: $2,493.74 (7.0%)

Total OTD Price: $35,793.55
Hey Chuckworth,

Glad to hear of your purchase.... was hoping too see at which dealership you went to??? I am in also in IL.

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to purchase a 2019 Highlander SE AWD. Called a few dealers in my area (Philadelphia) and best offer I am getting is 11% off MSRP plus rebate. Wondering if this is because there is limited inventory of SE or dealers are waiting for me to come in before playing ball. Hoping to get 15%+ rebate, like many on this forum. Told them I am ready to buy in 1-2 days. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I am looking to purchase a 2019 Highlander SE AWD. Called a few dealers in my area (Philadelphia) and best offer I am getting is 11% off MSRP plus rebate. Wondering if this is because there is limited inventory of SE or dealers are waiting for me to come in before playing ball. Hoping to get 15%+ rebate, like many on this forum. Told them I am ready to buy in 1-2 days. Any thoughts?
You probably have hit the nail on the head. They are never going to give you their absolutely best price on the phone. You are a nothing to them until you are actually ready to buy. Find a dealer that has an SE that you want. Walk in the front door prepared to buy and ask for the sales manager. Tell him you are there to buy a specific vehicle. If you’ve already driven one, tell him because they will invariably want you to go on a demo ride to get you to fall in love with it. Politely decline and tell him to put the pencil to it and give you his best deal. When the number comes back tell him how much you are willing to pay. If he says he can’t do that, leave him your cell number and tell him you are buying today and was hoping it was gonna be from him. Don’t be afraid to walk. He will either stop you or let you go. If he lets you go you will at least have information for your next stop. The price you want may not be available in the area you live. While not as popular as the hybrid, the SE is in limited production compared to other models.

2601 - 2620 of 2752 Posts