Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE V6
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 SE V6

This sunroof rattle is driving me bananas.:headbang: Was at the dealer yesterday for an oil change and made an appointment for tomorrow to get the issue checked out. Still under warranty so I want to get it fixed now before it runs out.

Is there an actual TSB PDF or something that I cant print just in case they say they have no idea what i'm talking about or that they "can't replicate the issue" (aside from the obvious rattle and multiple videos I have on my phone)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE I-4
2,263 Posts
i copy+paste this from another thread. forgot where it is.

TSB-0151-13...Moon Roof assembly structure noise

Parts Required:

08231-00801 - Noise Kit
63021-06030 - Silencer Sub Assy
62184-06010 - Clamp, Curtain.

Reactions: laurido92

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE V6
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link. I took my car in to the dealership this morning. I copied and pasted one of the responses from that thread that explained what they did to his car that fixed the issue and took it with me. My service advisor asked if he could keep it. I also emailed and texted him the video of my car clicking and clanking away as I left work the other day.

My rattle is worse when it's colder out. This morning it was only in the 40s, so it wasn't doing it so bad when I got to the dealer. But as soon as I showed him that video, he said "ah, got it. We'll get that fixed up for you" he printed the TSB for me and got the car ready no questions asked.

He also recommended that since the car is going to be there overnight (they have to order sunroof assembly parts) that I have the HVAC/airbag recall done. So my car will be there until tomorrow night.

Have been going to this dealership for my last two cars and have been pleased with them. Hopefully that stupid rattle is taken care of. Because other than that I love my car!

Also, won't be charged a dime. It was all covered under warranty. I'll report back tomorrow (if the car is ready) and let y'all know if the issue is resolved!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE V6
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: So got the car back and it's FIXED!! NO MORE SUNROOF RATTLE! (I've driven about 800 miles before reporting back) And quiet as can be! Finally my Camry is as solid feeling as the day I bought it.

The dealer did a great job fixing it and not leaving any mess in the car. There were no "bent headliners" like some other's have complained about, and they even (attempted) to reset my radio stations after disconnecting the battery. I have nothing but good things to say about my dealer. They kept the car overnight to order parts for the sunroof assembly, and completed the HVAC/airbag recall.

Side note: Get it fixed before your warranty runs out! I am at 33k miles, so I made an appt ASAP. The receipt said $489.90 for the sunroof repairs alone. But it was all fixed under warranty..I didn't pay a cent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.