Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked into Priority Springfield this evening after working out a deal over email / phone on a Rav4 Hybrid (referencing a specific stock number). Walked in and got 3-4 reasons why they wanted me to pay 2k more.

I was essentially accused of lying, then given a million excuses (like the person who made the offer wasnt authorized). Ultimately the manager (to his credit) owned up to the fact that they messed up the numbers and couldn't "explain the deal" to his higher ups.

I know mistakes happen but today was probably the only day we can car shop for the rest of the month and these guys completely wasted it, despite my asking very specific questions and getting specific answers. Absolutely maddening.

·
Registered
2015 Prius 3
33 Posts
You could always sue them in small claims court. Probably cost about a hundred bucks or so. Probably won't win but with printouts of all the emails etc. you may and if so they also have to pay the hundred bucks. Might even get some press coverage and strike a blow for car buyers everywhere. HERO!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I should think about it. Got a cpl friends licensed in VA. I sued a dealer once (not allowed to say who) over a service issue they clearly should have covered under warranty and they offered to settle immediately. You're right they're very sensitive to press / HQ visibility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts