Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello TOYOTANATION....Driver JC here.:welcome: Ive been loving my nearly new recent purchase of the 2010 SEDAN Yaris. It can do some amazing things. She Can outturn a honda fit! ( read the specs between PRIUS and Yaris sedan, there like sisters but overall engine torque and horsepower is better on YARIS Sedan with less engine noise and more power...WHOA.) has same engine with many prius ans newer prius C but yaris sedan has a better transmission than the brother prius. The YARIS sedan is lighter by 750 lbs and can move a little quicker with 4 speed auto and electronic overdrive Hey, Thats 5 gears in the Yaris sedan... bonus time! ....thats very cool! And yaris sedan can also can move more air out of its way than a prius, for great MPG on any FRWY. Which means...if you drive it like a prius by learning simple hypermilling style driving at about 55-70 mph you can get about 45-50 MPG freeway with her. Yes I do it all the time in my roomy yaris sedan ( that's better MPG, not what you were thinking, no drive-ins around here anyway,shame on you..)!!!!!. I Even tried "hypermilling" ( hypermilling is what prius owners learn on the dash game also called as "MPH" aka. more prius hype.... no prius bashing intended I overheard 2 salesmen in the toyota lot say that...really. in a prius for 24,000 dollars, OUCH... . You can easily learn it from You Tube for free!..( Did someone say free, im all over that!) .Just type in the word or something like " Prius driving tips" around downtown and got 42 MPG easy. WOW! Tires at 37psi for comfy ride everywhere, not at max 50 psi which some prius owners do for max MPG ,And use yop tier petrol like chevron- standard or union 76 gas not cheap crap GAS , can leave more deposits on valves...not good for smaller engines anyway . 1.5 L engine same as many prius and same like in newer series C prius but HAS MUCH, much more space inside read my other post. MUCH More fun transmission NOT CVT:thumbsdow which will slow you down a bit...Same saftey system like prius and camrys....cool. More space with real truck not open hatch.:thumbsup:...Factory 6x9 sound system is great too !!!! Seats are firm and comfy too. AND COME CHECK OUT MY 9 AIR BAGS INSIDE Impressive even for a lexus (and re-enforced steel frame...no aluminum! unlike some prius) all around unlike some prius models.... ( CHECK SPEC ON PRIUS ON REAR DOORS TOO) Still dont belive a 12K Toyota built in Japan car is better than the prius:confused:....Sit in both ...you probly can at a hertz sales lots ( check the website before you go they list every car in area and options before you get there) and larger TOYOTA DEALERS but the Yaris sedans may sell much QUICKIER because Hatchbacks at 36 FRWY MPG arent hard to find but FULL SEDANS @ real 40 MPG ARE much tougher to get at 13K without dealer added gimmicks like fords and nissians to pull out 40 MPG without fuel design add ons that cost extra. IM a 30 Year local truck driver and driven over 40 diffrent types of cars and trucks or owned them......LOVE MY YARIS SEDAN MORE EVERYDAY:clap: .....WOW WHAT A FEELING.....YARIS SEDAN @ 13K for smart, thrifty and a green drivers dream come true out there.. and no recalls:headbang: if you care!.....send your comments back. have checked the physics and many specs on yaris vs. prius and yaris sedan wins ...no questions... but, do you have some? go for it....Driver JC:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
yaris mpg

I love my yaris sedan too!

I just made a 1358mile trip on 30.7 gallons of gas.

avg 44mpg!

I was driving mostly 80-85mph.

This little car is amazing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts