Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 743 Posts

·
I got a kangaroo as a pet
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas, thought id finally contribute to TN and post up pics of my ride.

Background info; Located in australia and i bought my 07 camry on august 2, 2009 complete stock. It was an Ex hire car with 70,000km on the clock. Ever since then, been slowly modding it up. This is my 1st ever project car, so i realize i have a lot to learn yet but so far you fellas have been real helpful

Reason for buying; Was on cardomain.com one arvo being bored and somehow i came across the gen 6 camrys (some of which are members on tn) and fell inlove with what you fellas have been doing in the US with your camrys. Being in australia, i realized this was going to be hard to acheive, but i have not seen a modded up camry (yet) so i want to be one of the first

Current mods;
- 35% tint everywhere except the front (legal)
- 19x8.5 inch rims 45+ offset all round
- Lowered with d2 coilovers
- aftermarket billet grille imported from california
- blue LED parker lights
- Aftermarket foglights (mounted on bumper, but been too lazy to wire them up yet)
- blue footwell neon lighting
- Aftermarket headunit specifically made for the camry/aurions. has GPS, DTV, bluetooth, DVD player, IPOD input, AUX, CD, Mp3 and reverse camera
- Vibrant universal muffler

Future mods;
- CAI
- RK sports lip kit, imported from the US
- Audio upgrades
- Tinted tails
- Blacked out headlights
- Roof painted black
- Interior work => custom job
On with the pictures

completely stock, 1 day after i bought it

19inch rims, before the drop..

after the drop. sorry i dont have a better pic of what the drop looks like. ill get one on request. its about 1 finger or less (depending on how much is in the tank) on the back and about 2 fingers at the front

me and my mates who are into modding up our rides (minus a couple) showing off our blue parker lights for fun

Ill post up on pictures when i get around to it, and ill take some pics of the interior when it gets a bit dark.

Thanks for looking fellas, any comments/crits and suggestions are welcome!

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice need better pics man
Because they are Australian made.

Looking good Reece. As said though, definitely need better photos :D
Thanks dj and kenny, as promised, better pics will be uploaded shortly

Heh. Kings are probably the the most popular aftermarket spring in Aus. It looks like a nice start mate, needs another inch out of the ride height and some skirt action.
Yeah, exactly what i was thinking. especially some skirt action, though my mate got his sound system done today which is making me get my audio upgrades before the lip kit.

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Found out my girlfriend had a SLR cam, so this is my first attempt at using it.

picture of the interior at night. Im trying to get a blue, black, white and a hintof chrome theme going on here.

A betterish picture of the drop and pics with my mates holden

Gonna paint my mudguards and engine covers 061 diamond white tomorrow as them black mudguards are doing my head in haha

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Painted my mudguards today, thought id paint my engine cover and fuse box covers while i was at it.

daytime pic of the drop. im happy with the drop at the back, but im not happy with the drop at the front..coilovers should fix this :chug:

another pic from the photoshoot.

G

·
nice, i cant have mudguard, my car is too low for it
i painted mine that color too n it turn yellow later on, even thought i use high temp paint but keep it up man, yur one of mine nicest white LE on here

WHO WANT THE CONVERSION????RHD????? JK LOL

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers mate. When i decide to get my coilovers i guess i gotta take the mudguards off too. haha.

Damn, it turned yellow? i used high temp paint too, but I used touch up paint in a spraycan to do these mudguards. so hopefully it doesnt turn yellow :(

G

·
i hope so too, i did it twice n same thing happen, maybe it the paint or the way i paint it, that why i got rid of the cover i redo everything under the hood. no more white, red n black now

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cant wait to see the updates in your thread mate, always loved your ride ever since the first time i saw it. I keep forgetting you guys have opposite seasons to us here in australia.

G

·
yeah i know my cousin live there n. Yup 2mods coming up next week if the shipment comes in. thx for the comment man.
everyone know i was post new stuff all the time, so whats next for yur ride?

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh thats cool. Cant wait to see it.

In regards to big mods, Im planning to do the exhaust and then audio upgrades, but i copped a screw in my front tyre so might need to push the exhaust back a bit. Thought it could be repaired but the screw was just where the sidewall starts, so i need to buy a whole new tyre. All my tyres still have 98% tread on them as well, bit shattered :(
But small mods? maybe LED conversion when i have some spare change laying around. Still need to wire up my foglights though, been a bit lazy for that.

G

·
oh man, dont u hate that. i just got new tires for my 19', man 19' tires are expensive.
LED is a good start n clean look too, i love the LED white interior, everyone is lazy bc the busy life( or the real life LOL)

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Oh yeah man, they are. last weeks pay is pretty much going to one new tyre. I agree with you, i love that clean white interior too.

i dont know about you mate, but i hate winter LOL. Cant be bothered doing anything, even if he doesnt snow here in australia.

GT-R; cheers mate, appreciate it. No i dont have HID's yet..but im fair lazy with retrofitting everything and i dont want to blind people. But that being said, i want HIDs in my foggies? But i doubt ill do it. Maybe ill just get diamond vision bulbs for foggies and driving lights instead. The headunit is an aftermarket headunit built for the camry and aurions. I believe its an auspack one? A fair number of aurion owners on the aus toyota forums have it. DJKOR knows more about it, maybe he can chime in on it if you want more details.

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bad, and i thought winters here in melbourne was bad. I can imagine how cold it would be where your at..especially looking at the new pics in your thread.

GT-R; heres the link of the auspack unit that you asked about if you wanted to read some reviews that have been said in the aussie forums

1 - 20 of 743 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.