Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a rebuilt head on my 94 prizm 1.6 plus a new water pump timing belt and sprocket, distributor cap and rotor wires and plugs, on the hw its great, but when I get to a red light it seems to shake and almost want to turn off but dosnt, any ideas? I also timed it to 10 degrees and double checked all the vacuum lines and its all good.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Firstly sounds like timing problem. Correct firing order? Not a lot of info so, did you reuse your motor mounts? Did you do everything, and then test the system for timing?, it could be a number of things. I would have gotten everything going with the timing belt and the engine before messing with ignition stuff. Four things to see:

1. motor mounts
2. timing
3. order or bent plug
4. bad wire or connection

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it is the right firing order and I timed it perfectly, I didnt change the motor mounts, It just seems like at a light the engine just starts to shake and when I accelerate it almost chokes and then goes fine, on the highway at 70mph it is fine just in stop and go it seems a little shaky

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm, could it be that the valves are out of adjustment?? I noticed today some valve train noise some ticking clunking noises, when I installed the new head the machist said I did not have to make any adjustments just install it, im now kinda wondering if thats true??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts