Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace my front passenger side turn signal on my 2000 Prizm. So I went on ebay and bought a front passenger side turn signal for a 1998-2000 Corolla (the Corolla parts are always much cheaper than Prizm). The damn thing doesn't fit! It seems longer than the turn signal on the driver's side.

I was wondering if someone could take a picture of their Corolla turn signal, preferably with a ruler in the picture, so I can see if the Corolla/Prizm did actually use different turn signals (which I didn't think they did), or if the ebay seller gave me the wrong part.

Any other information appreciated. Thanks!

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
They are different. Having one in your hand to compare should be plenty of proof of that (unfortunately). There are quite a few external differences between a Prizm and Corolla. Maybe the seller will accept a return?

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
They are different. Having one in your hand to compare should be plenty of proof of that (unfortunately). There are quite a few external differences between a Prizm and Corolla. Maybe the seller will accept a return?
Agreed.

You should ask the seller for a refund.

There are minor differences in the styling of the headlights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for letting me know. Is there some kind of list of differences? I know the trunk/taillights and the original stereo headunits were different, but I thought that was all. Before I drop $300 on some doors from a Corolla for my Prizm, it'd be nice to know exactly what is and isn't the same.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah they def are different. My dad has a 2000 corolla and I have a 2001 prizm, and have def done a lot of measuring in the past lol. The hoods, headlights, and trunk is all different. I'm not sure about doors...I can look though!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MFCC08: If you could do some quick measuring or even just check to see if the doors look the same, that would d be most appreciated! I'd hate to dump a few hundred on doors only to have them not fit!

Thanks again, all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts