Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought two 2010 Venzas. One V4 and one V6. Both made in a d
different plant.

I have searched every forum and can not find a topic on this.
What is happening is when the very first time I start the car in the morning or at night (when the car sits for more than 8 hours), and I start driving it for 3 seconds while turning out of my driveway, (a slight turn either right or left, doesnt matter) I hear in the front of the car a bang noise. It is not loud, but it sounds like a flap of some kind that is closing or opening. It only does this once a day. It does this on both of my cars.
It is coming from the engine area, like around the wheel well, maybe. Does this have anything to do with the air vents? :headbang:

Does anyone know of this?

Is this happening to any of you?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I recently bought two 2010 Venzas. One V4 and one V6. Both made in a d
different plant.

I have searched every forum and can not find a topic on this.
What is happening is when the very first time I start the car in the morning or at night (when the car sits for more than 8 hours), and I start driving it for 3 seconds while turning out of my driveway, (a slight turn either right or left, doesnt matter) I hear in the front of the car a bang noise. It is not loud, but it sounds like a flap of some kind that is closing or opening. It only does this once a day. It does this on both of my cars.
It is coming from the engine area, like around the wheel well, maybe. Does this have anything to do with the air vents? :headbang:

Does anyone know of this?

Is this happening to any of you?
AWD or FWD? I notice something similar at 8mph in my 09 AWD V6, and was told it was the AWD turning off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 2009 awd and i hear something similar coming from front right mine is random but mosly when driving off for the first time it realy sond like a loud pop from top of the strut tower

i did not talk to the dealer yet because i canot recreate the noise

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. Funny thing, I owed 12 cars in my life, currently I have a Lexus and Infiniti 2008 and 2009 and I never hear this sound on them at all. They both have anti-lock brakes.

BTW: The dealer can not duplicate this becuase it only happens when the car is sitting a while or cold. Very strange why this wount did it all the time. I guess the car has to be off for sometime. Alomost like the anti-lock system resets itself with the computer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to confirm. I did much researched and talked to a toyota engineer yesterday.
The noise we are hearing is from the anti-lock unit that checks itself at 8MPH. This happens whenever the car is turned off for more than 5 minutes, the computer resets itself for all checks.
He said that they are trying to make a new system that does not make this pop sound. The Camary does not make this noise.
He also stated to me that the Venza has a more complicated (expensive)up to date anti-lock system that no other car has, therefore making this noise.

Im cool with this noise, so I know that the system is working.

Thanks everyone for your input.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just to confirm. I did much researched and talked to a toyota engineer yesterday.
The noise we are hearing is from the anti-lock unit that checks itself at 8MPH.
My guess is your feeling the antilock brake system self check. It comes on and makes a click from the front end area at over 5mph IIRC. This is normal if that is what you are hearing.
Sorry I missed it by 3MPH....I did say "IIRC" though. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.