Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys so i am driving today I notice that when you hit the gas of start it feels like it can't catch the geer on tranny, its weird like it needs a second to get power... Now i am driving the highway its acting up on, me like you press gas and it gives it like 2 seconds after with a bit of like a bounce, then right beside my house i am driving up a pretty damn steap hill when it feels like i am driving on 3 cyls not 4, itgives me another kick and check engine light comes up, and it gets a lot worse.... guys i need help to figureout what is wrong, anyone have the same problem>?? or Ideas what it can be? It doesn't feel like the tranny went it couldn't of been so fast only 180km on the car now (1997). like you get power in jumps not constantly.

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
check for your spark plug wires if they are shot, and check your spark plugs if they are leaking oil.... and check ur cap / distributor... my friends car felt like it also ran on 3-cylinders and he had to replace the spark plug wires, spark plugs, and the cap.... (ignition parts) ... and his car runs fine now...so yea check up on those things..

GL to u

1 - 2 of 2 Posts