Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Support Authenticity!!!
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently purchased hids for my 07 camry and everything was working fine until maybe three days ago, the right HID low beam started to flicker and die. when i would turn it off and then on again, the light would return but only for a few minutes and then die out again. i heard from a friend that his friend apparently also has this problem on the same car. checked the wiring and everything seems fine. seems like either the ballast is busted or i would need a relay kit. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
moky said:
recently purchased hids for my 07 camry and everything was working fine until maybe three days ago, the right HID low beam started to flicker and die. when i would turn it off and then on again, the light would return but only for a few minutes and then die out again. i heard from a friend that his friend apparently also has this problem on the same car. checked the wiring and everything seems fine. seems like either the ballast is busted or i would need a relay kit. any suggestions?
should have used a relay harness in the first place... but its most likely the ballast. hid kits generally do not have quality ballasts and therefore do not last long.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
moky said:
What kind of kit is it? Brand/Light Rating?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have 6000k HID's in my 07. They seem to be working great, the ballasts are about a year and a half old. I just replaced the bulbs when I got this car.

·
Support Authenticity!!!
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its brand new, maybe about a week old? its 8000k. i was told that generally toyotas shouldnt be needing relay kits anymore for plug and play hid kits. i already purchased a relay kit for the camry to be installed tomorrow

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,396 Posts
kriskraut said:
Sounds like a loose connection or a crappy ballast, by with 8000k, why not just drive with the lights off?
Yea that^^^

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Don't cheap out on 8000K rice kits, and you won't have problems.

Brutal honesty, my specialty.

·
2005 Camry XLE V6
Lexus ES350
284 Posts
white3ch0c0late said:

Honesty that gets the point across, I just wish people will heed advice and make proper (and legal) retro's.

8000K is really too much - people will just get pissed off with the glare from those headlights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
white3ch0c0late said:

hahahahaha gotta love it.

1. check the connections.
2. check the ballast. Swap em and see if it works.
3. Check bulbb. Swap and see what happens.

hopefully since alot of the companies i know offer lifetime warranties on these kits, you should be covered it not..i'd suggest getting some projectors and doing a RETRO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts