Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Mine came off. I didn't read the manual so I don't know if it is 30 degree. Just try lifting the right size as you flip the gate down, it will come off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had the same probelm with mine, once i finally got it off. look closesly at the right hand side that the tailgate rotates on, there is a metal circle and INSIDE that is i think a nylon bushing that is also circular, they both have a notch in them to allow tha gate to lift off, the notches on mine were not lined up, i had to get under the truck with a hammer and flat head screwdriver to rotate the bushing to align with the metal circle, then the gate came off no problem. in hindsight maybe circles is a bad term they are more like a "C" if the to parts of the open sections of the C do not align the gate wont come off. soryy im at work and im busy, hope this helps

·
Registered
145 Posts
good mod is to put a hose clamp around it like someone mentioned before in this forum so your tailgate doesn't grow feet and walk off one day. or put the optional tailgate lock you can get from performance product so no one can even open the tailgate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.