Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First time posting and also a new 2009 nRAV4 owner.

I decided early on that I would use a touchless car wash to prevent the scratches, etc that you can get from a regular wash. The trouble was that it did such a lousy job on the rear of the vehicle that I decided to revert back to the standard car wash. Checked the back and everything was great, but then I noticed that half the front license plate was bent out at 90 degrees.

I took the plate off and straighened it out and a week later went to another car wash ...same result, with the dealership's cheap plastic surround cover broken in half. I went back to the dealership and they sold me a clear plastic cover that had four holes instead of the usual two... sounded good to me until I got home to put in on and discoverd that the mounting frame would only allow two screws to be inserted. I have put it on because I'm hoping that it will have increased the overall strength to prevent the same thing happening again.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and if so, what options are available? Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

First time posting and also a new 2009 nRAV4 owner.

I decided early on that I would use a touchless car wash to prevent the scratches, etc that you can get from a regular wash. The trouble was that it did such a lousy job on the rear of the vehicle that I decided to revert back to the standard car wash. Checked the back and everything was great, but then I noticed that half the front license plate was bent out at 90 degrees.

I took the plate off and straighened it out and a week later went to another car wash ...same result, with the dealership's cheap plastic surround cover broken in half. I went back to the dealership and they sold me a clear plastic cover that had four holes instead of the usual two... sounded good to me until I got home to put in on and discoverd that the mounting frame would only allow two screws to be inserted. I have put it on because I'm hoping that it will have increased the overall strength to prevent the same thing happening again.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and if so, what options are available? Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
washing cars

Find a location to wash the car yourself. Commecial car washes should not be allowed. They are not reccommended by manufactureres, inefficient energy users. Wahsing yourself will identify any scratches or body damage. Besides yu can save costs and get exercise at the same time.

·
kalu45
2009 RAV4 Limited V6
2 Posts
I am a 2009 RAV4 owner too. I still use the touchless car wash even though it does not match the cleaning of the regular car wash. I don't want the heavy cleaning cloths touching my car and scratching the paint. Or do the hand washing at a pay location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts