Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my buddy decided to try to put in a keyless entry system ourselves. We couldnt exactly find everything to do so we stopped. MY buddy ended up poking a hole in my power cable for my amp......now my subs dont hit as hard. The amp still gets power and the subs hit a little but not as much as before. Anyone got any ideas why? letme know

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Not to be mean at all but... What part of
poking a hole in my power cable
doesn't immediately light up the "replace, or repair the cable" neurons in your brain?

Come on man... Fix the cable, or replace it.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
dude, the answer is pretty obivious.

!!!!GET A NEW POWER WIRE!!!

why do you think that there are different guages of wire? if you cut a 8gauge wire in half, you end up with a 16gauge wire. allowing less current to reach your amp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So yall are saying that because of a hole in my power cable the size of a small pin is gonna mess it all up? we poked the hole to get a + wire easily but i covered it up with electrical tape......need a new wire?

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
dude, you need to be more specific. when you say hole, we think like something you can see through, pin size is different, shouldnt make a difference.

chances are you giggled something loose, or unhooked something and hooked it up backwards.

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dude its so simple about ur problem

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
if everything was workin properly before and then u made a hole in the wire or somethin, all u gotta do is check that wire out, replace it or see if everythin is hook up securely, if u did all that then come and ask for help

thats wat i mean by simple
if u mess up a wire, replace the wire

·
Registered
27 Posts
You may try checkin the wires from the amp to the speakers, I know sometimes if one of the wires is not connected to the terminals it could cause that type of problem....or check and make sure one of your rca cables didn't come loose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So heres the update...i spend a while dicking around with everything and i know that if you unplug one of your rca cables then only one sub works(which everyone knows). So i did that and the one sub was working full blast. So i am assuming that there is something wrong with my power cable because there isnt enough power going to the amp for both subs to work full amonte...lim gonna get a new power cable......let me know what yall think...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts