Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the new battery in and the car starts up great. It's a 4 cylinder, 5 speed 2001 CE.

The problem is that not much in the interior is working at all. The things that do work are the dome light, the light around the key hole, the door-open light on the dash, and the SRS light on the dash.

Nothing else has any power. The radio, A/C, guages, odometer... all dead. I can turn on the headlights and what not but it doesn't turn on the dash lights.

I've checked all of the fuses both under the hood and under the dash and they're all fine. I'm really at a loss and ANY direction is very much appreciated. TIA!!

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
did you check just the small ones, or the large ones as well? Did you look in your owners manual to see WHERE those fuses are? Sometimes a fuse is blown, even if it does not appear to be. But I will have to say, because of the amount of items not working, it is most likely a fuse under the hood. I do not have a Gen 4 owners manual, so I can't be sure of anything though. Also, are you sure you checked all the fuse boxes and did not miss any?

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4
951 Posts
You can download a factory manual from a link at the top of the General Camry Discussion forum. The electrical info is in there.

·
Dealer Tech..not Toyota
540 Posts
fuse, wiring...even could be youre gauge cluster. electrical stuff can do funny things...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the 100A alternator fuse. It popped way down on the back side so it looked fine. Thanks to all for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts