Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just would like to know what is the major problems that could occur on 2007 camry in let say 3-5y ?

·
SEcond Rate Products
406 Posts
it could explode.

you could wreck it.

it could get hit by a train.

it could get struck by lightning.

it could catch on fire.

it could develop a superior intelligence and launch the world's nuclear arsenal, blotting out the sun and plunging the world into a bloody war between man and machine that will leave the earth scarred and changed forever, our way of life permanently wiped off the face of the planet in one cataclysmic, genocidal event.

My money is on the last one.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
repocop said:
it could explode.

you could wreck it.

it could catch on fire.

it could develop a superior intelligence and launch the world's nuclear arsenal, blotting out the sun and plunging the world into a bloody war between man and machine that will leave the earth scarred and changed forever, our way of life permanently wiped off the face of the planet in one cataclysmic, genocidal event.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
in 3 or 4 years, it will still worth more than a new hyundai azera

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
toyotacrazy said:
I was just would like to know what is the major problems that could occur on 2007 camry in let say 3-5y ?

If you are Toyota Crazy... do you really need an answer from us? :lol:

·
LEmon V6
LEmon
211 Posts
repocop said:
it could explode.

you could wreck it.

it could catch on fire.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you r crazy.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Don't know, my crystal ball is out for repair..............

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess ill have to find out by my self, see my question was posted so "some of you" experienced camry drivers could tell me what problems could occur by camry "without ME crashing it , set on fire etc"

Let me ask you like this

what are the most manufactury mistakes that can be found on camry , is it trany ? , abs? power windows etc?

i am interested because i own nissan currently and would like to go with camry and would really appreciate better answers then forum puppy's that just post something to get that 1 post

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
toyotacrazy said:
I guess ill have to find out by my self, see my question was posted so "some of you" experienced camry drivers could tell me what problems could occur by camry "without ME crashing it , set on fire etc"

Let me ask you like this

what are the most manufactury mistakes that can be found on camry , is it trany ? , abs? power windows etc?

i am interested because i own nissan currently and would like to go with camry and would really appreciate better answers then forum puppy's that just post something to get that 1 post
How can anyone give you an answer to your question?
The '07 is a new model with a new engine,trans etc.
It's tough to predict what problems will occur in 3-4 years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as you can tell my english might not be that good but, what are some of the manufa. errors that habe been seen on other GEN's

for example i would never buy ford no matter how cheap or looks and power , i hate their cheap parts they put in, especialy trany blows after short time of period. I consider my self still as adult driver. So i don't race or anything ,,, car is for me to bring me from point A to point B :) :)

thanks Joe.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
The 2GR V6 engine has only been out 2 years, so not enough info to determine. The 2AZFE Drivetrain should be the same as the Gen 5. I;ve heard people cracking the 200k mile mark with no issues.

repocop said:
it could explode.

you could wreck it.

it could catch on fire.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
toyotacrazy said:
as you can tell my english might not be that good but, what are some of the manufa. errors that habe been seen on other GEN's

for example i would never buy ford no matter how cheap or looks and power , i hate their cheap parts they put in, especialy trany blows after short time of period. I consider my self still as adult driver. So i don't race or anything ,,, car is for me to bring me from point A to point B :) :)

thanks Joe.

My Family has owned 4 Gen 2's, 3 Gen 3's (2 currently), and 1 Gen 5.5 (currently). Gen 2's are too old, so not factored in. Gen 3's, well, damn things do not die. The 92/93 V6's DID have one flaw, the head gasket. But You change it after it blows, and car is fine. Kinda like the older Supra's. The 5SFE I4, if taken care od, is usually problem free, 94-96 V6 is great. Only issues on the Gen 3 in general I have see, are the 92/93 V6vhead gaskets, and I had 2 ABS sensors die on my old '92 I4. But that was over 150k miles. so its not like it's anything unordinary. Sold the car, all original engine/tranny, at 190k miles, running.

2005 LE 2AZFE my mom has, 18k miles, no issues. Gen 4, the only REAL issues I have heard is a flaw in both the I4 5SFE and V6 1MZFE engines. The 2 used. There was an oil sludge issue in them. there is still an entire thing going on with that, but it's known. It's not a widespread problem, BUT, it is a big enough problem that there was a court involved, and settlement to replace engines. the Gen 6 does not use EITHER engine now. Other then the engine, I've heard of no common issues witht he Gen 4. I have heard of some rust issues on the Gen 5, in the rear front/bottom of the wheel well, if salt sits there too long. You'll know why when you see the design.

~Adam

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ASG14 said:
My Family has owned 4 Gen 2's, 3 Gen 3's (2 currently), and 1 Gen 5.5 (currently). Gen 2's are too old, so not factored in. Gen 3's, well, damn things do not die. The 92/93 V6's DID have one flaw, the head gasket. But You change it after it blows, and car is fine. Kinda like the older Supra's. The 5SFE I4, if taken care od, is usually problem free, 94-96 V6 is great. Only issues on the Gen 3 in general I have see, are the 92/93 V6vhead gaskets, and I had 2 ABS sensors die on my old '92 I4. But that was over 150k miles. so its not like it's anything unordinary. Sold the car, all original engine/tranny, at 190k miles, running.

2005 LE 2AZFE my mom has, 18k miles, no issues. Gen 4, the only REAL issues I have heard is a flaw in both the I4 5SFE and V6 1MZFE engines. The 2 used. There was an oil sludge issue in them. there is still an entire thing going on with that, but it's known. It's not a widespread problem, BUT, it is a big enough problem that there was a court involved, and settlement to replace engines. the Gen 6 does not use EITHER engine now. Other then the engine, I've heard of no common issues witht he Gen 4. I have heard of some rust issues on the Gen 5, in the rear front/bottom of the wheel well, if salt sits there too long. You'll know why when you see the design.

~Adam
Thank you Adam that was exactly what i was looking for some members. Appreciate the answer !!

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
toyotacrazy said:
Thank you Adam that was exactly what i was looking for some members. Appreciate the answer !!

np. also, to add, there was a major transmission faliar in the EARLY Gen 6 V6's, only US made. They seem to have fixed that issue. Other then that, I heard there were just some issues with fit and finish (some rattles, etc). I think they fixed all that in the 1st few months, after a massive amount of complaints. Other then that, I have not heard anything else on the engine/drivetrain. If you have a SPECIFIC question about something on the Gen 6, le t me know. I am at my local Toyota Parts/Service place at least 2 days a week, and will be happy to ask a question for you. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
As much as people talk about reliability issues with recent Toyotas, the research I've been conducting still shows them as having among the lowest problem rates. The Internet can make problems seem much more common than they are--and this is true for all cars, not just the Camry.

My initial results, new ones next week:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

·
Registered
91 Posts
In my opinion when it is 3-5 years old you are going to feel like you're driving a new car.
We bought a new Avalon in 1995 and 10 years later my wife still loved it. I finally talked into a new car but we never felt like we were driving an old car and it was still very dependable

1 - 17 of 17 Posts