Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've been having some problems w/ shiffting lately. It only happens in 2nd gear when I try to shift in higher RPMs around 3-4000 all it does is grind real bad and wont go into gear. The pedal is clear to the floor and when I down shift the problem still occurs ( but I dont downshift until or around 2000). any solutions to the problem? I was thinking maybe my sinconizer(sp?) or maybe my transmission is going bad? I had my clutch replaced about a year and a half ago. thanks

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
sounds like synchros, try to see if the clutch has been bled and it doesnt have air. Also check the oil level. Low oil level can seem to be a synchro problem when its not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, I will make sure on the fluid levels. Kind of sucks since I always have to grind 2nd just to shift

·
The terrorist
1990 Corolla SR5
3,058 Posts
Like Flashmn suggested, it sounds like either a synchro or low/bad transmission fluid..

Is that your AE92 by the way?

·
Operation Front Bumper
330 Posts
i had the same problem but from 2nd to 3rd..
you might want to check your transaxle fluid level

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
It happens to me sometimes only when I'm doing a shift while accelerating hard.. it pisses me off cuz I guess I don't press the clutch long enough and all I get its.. crunch!!. :disappoin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the replys, seems like this is a common problem. I also noticed if the car isnt' fully warmed up and you take off, it shifts fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts