Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering getting a 2005 corolla sport

what are the most common problems peopel get with corollas?

or are there no real problems since its such a reliable car?

what your opinions

·
BigWilly ;)
2001 Toyota Corolla
431 Posts
no problems mechanically with my 01.. no electronical problems other than a dead battery.. but it was my fault.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Toyota is like the most reliable brand of cars, so problems are few.

All the problems you see on this forum are rare cases out of many cars.

Still, look over the forum and the internet and if you see a problem constantly mentioned for the 2005 Corolla, take it into account.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rollas are for middle class people, parts are lower in price than mitsubishi and other japanese cars, and much lower than american an european cars.

·
Registered
188 Posts
reym said:
Rollas are for middle class people, parts are lower in price than mitsubishi and other japanese cars, and much lower than american an european cars.
are you sure about that? i think they are pretty expensive.

but i'm driving a 2004S and absolutely no complains.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have had no problems what so ever. The only problem that i had was when i went in for my oil change. The tech screwed up the gasket that goes with the bolt on the oil pand and i leaked oil for a day or so .

But i have had no mechanical problems

Also if you live in ny dont go by the fuel economy numbers. our gas idifferent so reduce those by about 4mpg

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
05 Corolla XRS - 900 KM and refined even more than my 04 S. No vibrations even at 8400 rpm. Engine insulation and sound deadening has been enhanced as compared to 03/04.

04 Corolla S - ran perfectly in cold winters and hot weather. no complaints whatosever. 17000 KM when I traded in.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
reym said:
In the Philippines maybe cuz you're so close to Japan.. but in North america its the other way around. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts