Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! The key fob for my 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid recently seems to have died. I replaced the battery, but that wasn't the issue. So I bought a replacement fob online (with strong positive reviews), since Toyota charges an arm and a leg for replacements. However, I'm still having trouble. I'm following the instructions to a T, but I can't get the car to even enter programming mode. As a result, I haven't even been able to attempt to pair the new remote. I have tried multiple approaches to entering programming mode that I've found online, and still can't get the car to enter programming mode. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
99 RX300, 02 HL V6
291 Posts
I have recently been in this quagmire with my '99 RX300, after replacing all of my door lock actuators. I had to go to Lexus to get it diagnosed, turned out it was the front passenger latch assembly. I put in a new one, problem solved. I'm not definitely saying you have the same problem, but I don't think key fobs "die" unless they are run over by a train or boiled in sulfuric acid, you get the point. Your vehicle's ECU or one of you door lock actuators could be the real culprit. You may have to go to Toyota for a diagnosis.:mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts