Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone im a big Import fan but just recently started geting into toyotas a buddy of mine has a 1986 toyota supra with a auto tranny and he wants to put in a 2JZ Twin Turbo also with a Auto tranny from a 1995 supra is that possible and if it is what is required(trans mounts, engine mounts, wiring, what ever it need i would like to know Thanks everone

·
Got Fatass?
283 Posts
NOTHING mounts up, its a totally custom job, you need tha engine mounts, trannymounts, ecu, custom make a driveshaft, tha TT rear end...its not a simple job...

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
expect to spend at least 15k... go with a 1jz and you can expect around 7-8k and a 7m-gte swap (which is what i'd do) around 2-3k

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time with the 2JZ swap. The 1JZ swap is the way to go if you are not happy with the 7M. If you want to go total custom then go with a 1UZ or 3UZ. It is just as much work as the 2JZ, but they are much more readily available. The prices on anything associated with the MK IV Supra have gotten ridiculous. For what a MK IV costs these days you can put your self in a Porsche 911. Back in 99 when I was shopping for a used truck the dealer had a used MK IV on the lot. It was a 94 TT, AT with 79,000 miles on it. They only wanted 14K for it. It had been sitting on the lot for so long they wanted to move it. Now you are lucky to find a high milage 95 non-turbo for that price. There are other things out there.

·
Owner of much Obsolete
1986 Corolla GT-S
2,286 Posts
The 2JZ swap is much easier than any UZ swap will ever be.

Every single part that is needed to bolt the engine into the car is readily available.

2JZ engine, 1JZ brackets, bolts it to the crossmember no problem.

For 5-speed:
1JZ flywheel and bellhousing bolts the stock transmission to the 2JZ, you use any readily available 7M-GTE clutch kit, you'd use the stock driveshaft.

For Automatic:
The 2JZ-GTE transmission should bolt right into the car with the stock transmission mounts, and the stock MA70 automatic driveshaft should fit IIRC.

The only real fitment problem you will have is the rear turbo will hit the firewall, you need to bang the firewall in a bit, but not THAT much to get it to fit in there. Going single turbo can save you the trouble.

Your biggest challenge will not be fitting the thing in there, it will be wiring it up, and for that, you're on your own, I have no experience. Good luck.

The V160 (Twin Turbo 6-speed) transmission is not a viable option to use at this point, unless you've got money to burn, and by the barrel full.

Check the 1JZ/2JZ swap sections on Supraforums.com and Supramania.com, you'll get much better answers than from people on here, because there are people who have actually done it on those sites.

·
真 Boost Junky. 真
1990 Supra Turbo.
162 Posts
ahmedootie said:
NOTHING mounts up, its a totally custom job, you need tha engine mounts, trannymounts, ecu, custom make a driveshaft, tha TT rear end...its not a simple job...
sorry but i've found it to be a VERY simple swap, you just have to sit it lower in the engine bay so the coolant system works properly. And i do warn others doing the swap take into account the 2JZ is a higher sitting engine and the radiator if you just slapped it in would be below the level of the heads, which is bad! :)

Wiring is a bitch as said, but its not impossible, just need alot of patience :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts