Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Part Dues,

The alignment is good. So here are the initial results. Again, main concern was Z axis. I can make them go up or down easily.

First, Acura TL

Second, Morimoto

The height or aim up and down are off because I need to remove the headlight to aim the TL but Morimoto I can do by hand. I didn’t think of taking pics of the aimed Morimoto tho lol. I have a list of things to do to complete the build.

1) Make new wiring for second relay because my current wiring setup won’t work. Hence, the reason why I can’t switch all lights on for show. I’m excited to say that I’ve found a cheat code while thinking about the final wiring job.

Cheat sheet: one single MotoControl relay system powers a pair of Bi-Xenon projectors. To activate low or high beam you need only one driver side input from stock harness. So I will instead wire all high beam using one relay mainly because high beams are very low power to activate. Then, I will gain on the second relay a free spot to activate fog lights instead! This is ganna be fun. More later.

2) Upon further inspection I will need to cut the shroud a little more based on my lens fitting sessions. Unfortunately, it’s in spots I hoped not to cut but it is what it is.

3) Clear coat the lens & seal the lens.

4) Carbon or fiberglass the rear end to cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I felt like I left y’all hangin. I got to work and rigged the low beam to one set of lights and high beam to the other. Here’s first the Morimoto regular running lights and the following... is ALL 4!!!

Yeah.. that’s it. I’m not too happy about the passenger Morimoto as it’s slightly slant on the right side down. Idk if I should redo it? I know where it should be but it’s ganna require some work... should I fix it? I’m leaning towards yes.

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
11,616 Posts
I felt like I left y’all hangin. I got to work and rigged the low beam to one set of lights and high beam to the other. Here’s first the Morimoto regular running lights and the following... is ALL 4!!!

Yeah.. that’s it. I’m not too happy about the passenger Morimoto as it’s slightly slant on the right side down. Idk if I should redo it? I know where it should be but it’s ganna require some work... should I fix it? I’m leaning towards yes.

I would just adjust it as best you can. Unless you can fab up a slotted bracket to adjust the aim and fix point to one side it may work?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I would just adjust it as best you can. Unless you can fab up a slotted bracket to adjust the aim and fix point to one side it may work?
I will adjust it. It’s actually the z axis I been talking about. Luckily it’s a easy fix for this but I will need to find out what the thread size is for the adjuster is so I can offset the slot. The driver side is perfect tho. Probably didn’t do as good as a job when making the passenger bracket lol. So far all the adjusters work as per usual which was fantastic, just off on one on z axis. Not bad for a first go. Estimates and measuring have been good to say the least lol

·
Mr. Roo
Lexus IS300
11,381 Posts
Definitely fix that! You didn't do all of this work just for that. It WILL drive you crazy constantly. I know lol

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks guys, I slotted the aim on that one projector. Just need to fab up a small spacer before it goes back together. Anyhow, since I’m still using the OEM headlights I clear coated them with everything this weekend, 2 headlight pairs and 2 fog light pairs. Results below:

Lens we will be using for the build:

Yeah, plenty of orange peel on these because inside and outside are clear coated. Will be leveling it in the near future too. They look epic.

One can of 2k clear 11.8 oz finished these off plus fogs on the other thread. Enjoy the eye candy.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Glass Shroud

The last week or so I’ve been shaping the shroud to fit over the new projectors with fiberglass.

The original projector on these headlights were indeed a lot smaller but I’ve made the cuts to make them fit. Unfortunately I will need to cover up the holes I’ve made to accommodate the changes. Images below.

Glass is set and ready for trimming. About 4 layers of fine glass mat and two layers of woven fiberglass. I did make a foil barrier to make them so they arnt on the shroud just yet. The lower reflector side needs some kind of cover too but I’m not sure what I’ll use. Maybe a aluminum stock with reflector tape. LED strip would be an option but not really my thing... things to think about...

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hey! Welcome as always.

I decided to use alum square with reflector tape on it. Gotta paint the fiberglass patches. Not the best looking but I don’t want to spend too much time on this shroud. Flash is ON! Such reflection. White reflectors.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Alright. I assembled one side so I can get y’all a sneak peak of the headlights. Not my best of work but it fits and sits. It appears that the shroud ended up being taller than the whole assembly, woops. But there is no way I could match the shroud to the way I mounted the projectors to the backing plate without cutting and reorienting the shroud to bits and pieces. Here’s the to the awkward devil...

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
11,616 Posts
Alright. I assembled one side so I can get y’all a sneak peak of the headlights. Not my best of work but it fits and sits. It appears that the shroud ended up being taller than the whole assembly, woops. But there is no way I could match the shroud to the way I mounted the projectors to the backing plate without cutting and reorienting the shroud to bits and pieces. Here’s the to the awkward devil...

Man, I need the hook up now.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Fresh from the cardboard oven:

Only wires sticking out are the high beams. Super sleek build. I’m happy with these. But! There’s more to come!

Man, I need the hook up now.
Hey, more reason to keep the XRS! Aero bits will come later on too! Lol

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Moved the wiring harness behind the driver side and bent up the passenger side to fit the housing. They are officially in! I still need to make the wiring for the Acura projector but I just wanted to ride them out ASAP. Bit of lens glare but in person it’s a lot more sharper. Photos of output later

More cooler shot:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
@Esso, look what I found for sale in the Philippines. Quad projector headlights.
View attachment 317943
Oh shoot! That is sweet! I’ve always liked the clear side reflectors on these in chrome. It’s a nice setup. Even better if you didn’t have to spend the time to piece together! Shroud style is nice. OEM lens too.
What’s the price asking for? Just curious.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Dude... that is literally highway robbery! New Bosch units are at least 150 a piece. Good pick up IMO if they are original. Even for the clear reflector lens would be great to have. My lights were one of the last few with clear reflectors. The others are amber as usual.
Yeah it did look like he/she got a little crazy with the headlight sealant lol. I think some things you can ask is what kind of projector units are in there and probably bulb type. That way you know what to deal with once you get them or if you get them.

·
Registered
2006 Corolla LE
152 Posts
Yeah I know it's kinda high, but most I've seen is halogen style housings for $100 each. First time I'm seeing quad projectors. I'll find out what kind of projectors they are and if it's original and not an aftermarket.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
You mean they are 100USD? I think that’s not bad at all if so. I think usual price for headlights at the Yard is 35 each here. I was looking online for new Bosch units in the past and they went for 300 bucks. Super clean look imo. I think the ones he has is original. I can’t say for sure because I’ve never have seen real ones in person yet. I’m guessing there should be embossed Bosch brand on the back and maybe a marking on the front lens. Literally no one has those here in the states lol

41 - 60 of 78 Posts