Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Corolla LE
152 Posts
Yeah, the seller description says he wants 100 for the set. I've seen really trashed halogen ones for $50.

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
11,730 Posts
It's likely not the osram units converted. They are a nice set. Though, think of it this way @Esso. You can get this and do a ds2 projector upgrade. The issue though, is whether you want a new lens cover. Which last I checked was $120 a set. @gamer765 are there any BNIB for sale currently?

·
Registered
2006 Corolla LE
152 Posts
No BNIB, mostly just used stuff. Additional pictures attached. Seller said he has to clean it since he previously had eyelids on them so there is some 3M tape residue. Sorry for the threadjack.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Ahh yeah I see what you mean about the lens. It should come off but again it would take some work to get that glue off. Interesting style. I do want those side fender lights tho! Like we mentioned many times before lol. I think for my build I’ll remove my original lens or get one from a yard and do some magic on those to replace these aftermarket lenses. OEM lenses are so much more superior and less likely to develop stress marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Oh wait, these are made by Depo based on the markings on the lens.

112-1104L
Driver side

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
It is still not bad at all. My aftermarket ones are Depo too. Most of their full chrome headlights are decent quality. There’s this or the original Bosch lights. Both great items.

·
Registered
2006 Corolla LE
152 Posts
I'm just waiting for a response on the info about the projectors. Then I'll consider picking them up. Might ask if he's parting out and find out if he's selling his mirrors, they look like they fold.

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
11,730 Posts
I'm just waiting for a response on the info about the projectors. Then I'll consider picking them up. Might ask if he's parting out and find out if he's selling his mirrors, they look like they fold.
It's hard to tell on the mirror. The stem looks like it can fold, but idk. Good luck with it. I've been wanting a jdm set of mirrors to fold, but nah.

·
Registered
2006 Corolla LE
152 Posts
So seller doesn't remember which projectors he installed in the housing, he says it's H1 bulbs and this is his beam spread. He doesn't have images of cutoff line. I'm thinking I'll pass on this.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Interesting find tho. It’s rare to see these out of the woods creations lol. You could do this yourself too if anything. It won’t be cheap but it’s worth it if your into this stuff. I took a picture at my work parking lot here:

Not a good phone but it’s something. I’ll get some more on the highway. This is only with Morimoto, pics of all later when I get my wiring straight.

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
11,730 Posts
I'd buy it just for the projector setup. Mini moto projector on the highs and ds2 for the lows. Most of the retrofit is done. Just need new lenses. They aren't cheap either. Unless you buy a cheap spyder or spec d with good lenses, then just use it to harvest parts.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
It’s been about two good weeks of having these headlights on. I built this thinking that I’d be more satisfied with quad projectors. After running these I have to say one set is enough to daily. But I am still glad I have a overkill setup from a frontal projection point of view.

I’ve driven in old and new cars. Reflector halogen, projector halogen, HID and LED vehicles. It’s easy to tell what vehicle is behind you based on design, color, and shape. BMW with their notable angel eye, halo, led lights. Acura/Honda with the jewel eyes, Toyota/Lexus with the J led strip..etc..

Unfortunately, I have to say after driving for so long I noticed a while ago that there is an issue with people on the road these days. The idea of persona, portrayal is impactful on the hwy at any time of the day. It’s very rare in LA for someone to move off the fast lane. Especially with stock halogen reflector lights these cars come with. It says a lot to the person your trying to pass. I rarely get a pass from a slow person occupying the fast lane. Notably in vehicles with traditional halogen lighting. Even in a 2017 Mercedes GLA with stock halogen bulbs.(they made ones with LED headlights as an option tho) however, in a Acura TL with HIDs there is a higher chance I get a pass from a slow driver. If anything, rolling in my Acura I do experience more respect on the road than a corolla overall.

The result of the dilemma above: (Midnight driving setting)
People actually move over now! All I had to do was change the perceived appearance of a fancy car. Who would have known. I had a feeling. Overall, WORTH IT.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
At least around Cali LA or in dense areas. I hardly have issues elsewhere. I got places to be! Lol

Just yesterday I got two passes on my way to work which is excellent. I saved maybe 5 minutes on my trip which is very good, if anything rare! People here don’t move over and often level their speed with slower lanes which causes clots on the hwy.

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
11,730 Posts
At least around Cali LA or in dense areas. I hardly have issues elsewhere. I got places to be! Lol

Just yesterday I got two passes on my way to work which is excellent. I saved maybe 5 minutes on my trip which is very good, if anything rare! People here don’t move over and often level their speed with slower lanes which causes clots on the hwy.

That's similar to the traffic here in the southwest. You can easily spot the native and the transplant in how aggressive they drive. Just today, there were so many small groups of vehicle occupying the same space, but one lane was clear. Why oh why don't you use the slow lane to pass? Beyond me.

At night whist driving on a dark road, I get flashed for high beams on. But yet, I am not using high beams nor do I have auto high beams. People here drive with high beams on and you flash, they don't turn off. People don't know how to move over for a faster moving object.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
That's similar to the traffic here in the southwest. You can easily spot the native and the transplant in how aggressive they drive. Just today, there were so many small groups of vehicle occupying the same space, but one lane was clear. Why oh why don't you use the slow lane to pass? Beyond me.

At night whist driving on a dark road, I get flashed for high beams on. But yet, I am not using high beams nor do I have auto high beams. People here drive with high beams on and you flash, they don't turn off. People don't know how to move over for a faster moving object.
I’ve been to AZ to visit for a week or so. The average speed is at least 5-20mph faster than us here in CA. My buddy was revving out a small ford to its limits trying to get to speed! Forgot what type of ford but that thing was being rung out like a soaked extra thick drying microfiber towel after a car wash. Hahaha.

Yeah, there’s just nothing that can be done to be honest. If people weren’t so dense we wouldn’t have car guys rolling coal. Since COVID, people are using the carpool lane to pass groups and that’s just bad juju.

On the topic of lights, it’s very good to use high beams on the hwy to signal “hey I’m coming in hot bro! Don’t overtake me at this time!” When someone does that ghetto swerve and late blinker. Some people are so unaware it’s dangerous.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts