Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Make your own, thats what I did. used hellas 90mm projector housings and fabricated my own headlights.

Without the covers on.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The '98 headlights won't fit your car? Isn't the body style the same if you have a '97 corolla?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
no, it's not. 98-00 was different.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
There are some JDM-ish projectors which look pretty good and come with corners. The problem is they're only one light bulb and I don't know how that would work.

Then theres the Diamond-style regular and black halos.

They all pop up on Ebay from time to time.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
There are OEM Projectors out there... They came on the AE101 Trueno... I am actually ringing around all of my contacts to hunt these down, possibly in the states too.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
they look something like the ones on the grey car:

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
What do you mean by one bulb? It's a H3 with two filaments, plus the parker in the housing.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
So you're saying there should be no problem with wiring hooking up the one-bulb lights, even though the stock Corolla ones have separate highbeam and regular bulbs?

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
oh... US ones do. Everywhere else has the single H3 bulbs... which is why i was so puzzled as to why you were asking about the one bulb. But no, there should be no problem. Both will have a common earth, and a positive wire, so you just need to merge the two.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
thespud said:
oh... US ones do. Everywhere else has the single H3 bulbs... which is why i was so puzzled as to why you were asking about the one bulb. But no, there should be no problem. Both will have a common earth, and a positive wire, so you just need to merge the two.
Already explained.

You just need to find the active wire on each, find the filament that it works for each beam. Then get one of the earths and wire that to the earth. Not hard..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts