Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was drying my car with a towel and i stratched my paint (on the hood) very thin long lines...now tell me, how do you dry your car (instead of takin to an expensive car wash place)....i tried a shammy and all that did was make it streak and somewhat scratch as well. my paint is black so white lint on black car...not good. also what can i do to get those stratches off?? im so embrassed if my friends ask, ill tell em, they got stratched by some dumbass at the mall, but i want to get rid of them......2 questions. ... :(

·
Registered
1991 Celica GTS
125 Posts
for the scratches try a paint polish after the wash, then follow up with a good wax, make that two good waxes. That's how I am restoring the paint on my celica And it evens fills in small scratches. I post some pic to show the evidence. Gotta go home first though

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
1) Waffle weave type microfiber drying towel.
2) A large water blade
3) Leaf Blower

I prefer a waffle weave towel. They absorb a ton of water crazy fast. You can dry the car just buy lightly dragging it all over the car in less than 2min if you're in a hurry.

You need to get on www.Autopia.org and learn how to care for your car, and what's best to use.
http://www.autopia.org/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=35&c=16

I like Pakshak towels. They're good quality, and cheap compaired to other towels, but if yuo want to spend a ton of money, there are better ones.

They have a ton of other popular products as well.

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
well, i use a regular shammy, but i make sure that that particular piece is dedicated to only drying the car after wash and nothing else.

waxing the car a couple of times is a way to remove hairline scratches, like above mentions, tried tested proven ;)

·
What the Pho?
2000 Solara
1,433 Posts
atobe said:
i use this http://theabsorber.com/ it's like 10$ but sure is worth the money. you can pretty much get them at any autostore.
I use the "abosorber" as well myself.
Works very well and reusable, yet durable!

I just take it fully open, throw it on the hood and grab the bottom tips and pull down towards me.

Kinda like casting a fish net from a boat, then pulling it back towards yah~:cool:

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
i use the California Water Blade. I give it a good rinse before I use it in case some numb nuts dropped it before I use it. Then I use a clean, just washed towel. I have specific ones for my car and as soon as they touch the ground-they are in the wash again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts