Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went drag racing earlier. won my 1st drag race :D, and did something I'm proud of...

Most of us know that the 93 5-speed v6 SE is rated at 15.9 in the 1/4 mile... I think that may need to be amended. You'll see why in the pic ;)

Timeslips - My win on the left, best time on the right (The guy I was racing was 660, and I was 268, but they messed up the #'s - I'm the one that lost, but hey, I'm happy with my time :D )

and videos; There are more, but they're on my friends camera, so I'll only be able to upload them tomorrow or sunday.

I get pwned in these two, but it's still pretty cool - Enjoy :D

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
I've said this 293829839 times, but this is more back up for why I want a 3vz 5-speed. :D

·
96 es300 2mz-fe
1996 Lexus ES300
231 Posts
nice post!!!

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Dude. That's BADASS.

I'm tired of people saying they went "racing" or to the strip or whatever, but have no pics or videos. If you're doing something THAT awseome, you should definitely bring a camera.

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lmao thanks guys :)

It was a pretty intense experience, I gotta say. The people around there were pretty friendly too, and there were some SICK cars (older Monte Carlo running 10's, a 60's chevelle SS, and a pretty badical camaro). I think I toasted my handbrake towards the end of the night cause my burnouts were getting weaker :lol:

Might go again in a few weeks since friend who was taping was going to bring his car (87' Cutlass Supreme with a chevy 350 from a corvette & GN interior :lol:), but the brakes went out earlier this week - I was dying to race that thing :)

ken, buy one, and drive up here next summer for a weekend :thumbsup:

and chris, I agree 100% - if you're doing something like this, it's obligatory to bring a camera :lol:

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plenty :lol:

There were a few civics, an accord (the guy I beat), the Genesis, a mazda 6, an integra, a 5.0 Explorer (at the end of the night - I lost by .03 of a second, but had horrible wheelspin off the line, wound up running a 17), and an SW20 MR2 (who utterly destroyed me... it was beautiful though). Lost to a guy with a stock b18 as well - botched launch, and then I couldn't gain on him. Guess I'll be needing some practice lol.

There were probably a few other cars that I'm forgetting, but I raced most of the regular cars (didn't go up against the Fox mustang that was there, nor any of the other muscle cars).

oh, and burnouts in our cars look epic from inside, but in the video from that run, can't see much :disappoin :facepalm: :lol:

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Once I get around to doing that turbo, I'll probably be getting the same times, just I'll be doing burnouts for the first 150m :lol:

MOAR VIDEO!

mixed up the titles because youtube uploader is dumb, but there are the videos. there were a few others, but they weren't as good :lol:

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
Cool!! Didn't spot this thread until now!

Off topic, but I couldn't help but notice the blue dash. Me and you are gonna have to take apart my dash and replace all my bulbs next time I'm in Montreal:lol:

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol yeah, not nearly enough Camry presence out there... we should do a huge east-coast meet to remedy that :lol:

Eh, my weight-saving measures consisted of pulling about 200 lbs of crap from my trunk (textbooks, clothes, random car parts, and some windsurfing equipment), and removing the read bench (didn't have time for the back-rest - my day consisted of installing the SRI, going to class, then hanging with one of my friends working on his Cutlass - 87 with a corvette 350 and GN interior :eek: jealous! - and tuning my new afm).

next time, will likely ditch the spare tire, and pull out the entire rear seats - that's the extent of what I'd be willing to do. On an unrelated not, found $2 in change when I pulled out the rear bench :).

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool!! Didn't spot this thread until now!

Off topic, but I couldn't help but notice the blue dash. Me and you are gonna have to take apart my dash and replace all my bulbs next time I'm in Montreal:lol:
sure, sounds like a plan :thumbsup:
just don't make my mistake and buy the LEDs @ Canadian Tire :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts