Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I brake hard from 60mph the steering wheel shakes. If I break normal I hear/feel a slight pulsing. If I turn left only - there is a pulsing noise from the front end. I figure I have 1 or 2 warped rotors - will be checking this weekend- not sure about the pulsing on left turns though- anyone have idea of what might be going on so I have an idea what I should be looking for? I thought maybe I have a bearing going? I jacked the car up and push/pulled the tires side to side and all the connections seem good and tight

·
Registered
'02 Highlander
101 Posts
It does seem most likely that it's warped rotors.

I thought it strange that without braking I get the pulsing/rubbing sound when making left turns only
Maybe the plastic wheel well liner has come loose somewhere and your tire is rubbing it at times. This happened to me, except that, on mine, where the liner was loose caused the rubbing to occur when the tires traveled vertically.

Either way, though, it does sound like your rotors are likely warped. If getting them turned doesn't fix everything, at least you may be able to better isolate the "other" problem without the wobbling rotors making it more difficult.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have had this happen to my Highlander twice, both times it was a seized caliper heating up the rotor that was the root cause of the issue. The 1st time (Left Front) I replaced the rotor and caliper (but kept the original rotor). The 2nd time (Right Front) they sent me the wrong rotor, but I damaged the rotor while removing it. I reused the original LF rotor as a temporary solution and much to my surprise it was not warped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.