Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're in the market to replace our 2012 Highlander. Have had a 2010 Prius before so highly considering the Highlander Hybrid given 90% of our driving is on local roads. Since our 2012 is still working great, we're wondering if it's worth waiting for the 2020? Seems like there is conflicting info if the 2020 is going to be the "refresh" to look more like the 4Run/Rav4 or the same as the current Gen 3.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
We're in the market to replace our 2012 Highlander. Have had a 2010 Prius before so highly considering the Highlander Hybrid given 90% of our driving is on local roads. Since our 2012 is still working great, we're wondering if it's worth waiting for the 2020? Seems like there is conflicting info if the 2020 is going to be the "refresh" to look more like the 4Run/Rav4 or the same as the current Gen 3.
Regardless of what the new model HL looks like, it is likely to have a lot of other changes. You could probably wait just a couple of months to find out what the changes are, if in fact the 2020 will be the start of a new generation for HL (or maybe it slips to 2021).

The 2019 New York International Auto Show is Apr 19 - 28, and if there is a new HL for 2020, it "might be" shown at that time.

·
TableRocked
149 Posts
I have a 2018 Platinum Hybrid Limited, and have a similar quandary based on a few unknowns (still keeping my 2018, just adding another vehicle).

* My Toyota service folks told me on the 15th of May I should be able to "flash" my current Highlander so that Apple Car Play will work - I've read some other forums that said this isn't possible. If this is possible, then I'm leaning heavily toward another limited platinum hybrid 2019 in silver and black as the rebates are fantastic. Does anyone know this "for sure" one way or the other?

* I've read the 2020 will NOT have the glass liftgate feature. That is a huge "no purchase" vote for me on the 2020 if that is correct.

* We live in the Ozark mountains, so, I'd be curious what the performance is on such a heavy vehicle having only a 4 cylinder vs. the 6 in the 2018/19

* If the 2020 hybrid limited platinum comes with power folding side mirrors and reverse down shift, that is a huge vote "yes" for the 2020 - I love the fact it comes with Apple Car Play, remote start from the fob, LED head lights - but is it worth the $6k to $9k price vs. what I can get a 2019 for.

·
Registered
389 Posts
*My Toyota service folks told me on the 15th of May I should be able to "flash" my current Highlander so that Apple Car Play will work - I've read some other forums that said this isn't possible. If this is possible, then I'm leaning heavily toward another limited platinum hybrid 2019 in silver and black as the rebates are fantastic. Does anyone know this "for sure" one way or the other?
I believe that only Entune 3.0 will be up-gradable.

Highlander has the older version.

https://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/2018-camry-and-sienna-get-spring-makeover-thanks-to-carplay-and-amazon-alexa-retrofit.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts