Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished the camry install after fucking around with cheap shit amps for a long time. The eternal hordes of MAX POWER Sony etc. amps were ditched. Now:

2 Pioneer 12"
Powered by JBL GTO601.1
Power Acoustik Splits and Pioneer 6x9's
Off a Response 4x50 WRMS

Having decent amps is priceless, and although there is always better available, the system is pumping and driving harder than i thought possible.

Whilst not comp. standard of course, what is the best way to dB the car? Where can you have it done

BTW will post pics of install soon...built false wall in lhs of gen 2 cam trunk to secure amps etc.

·
Grenaded piston
6,523 Posts
Axl Rose said:
Whilst not comp. standard of course, what is the best way to dB the car? Where can you have it done
Call some local car stereo shops and ask if they have a RTA (real time analyser) meter.

BTW will post pics of install soon...built false wall in lhs of gen 2 cam trunk to secure amps etc.
Cool. I also have a gen 2 Camry. :)

Planning on redoing my system with a JL 12W7. Fiberglassing into the spare tire well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Shops that do hearing surveys. They also have machines that test in dBs.

·
Registered
392 Posts
yeah I recently changed my rockford amp for a jbl 1100.1. My bass is so freakin clean. Right now I gotta say JBL is makin some of the best high powered amps on the market. The quality is unbelievable. Sometimes you get what you pay for

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Just buy a meter at radioshack, cost 40 bucks, you might break 100dbs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts