Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a TRD RSB in, on track setting, and the car still pushes. It's just not balanced, the fronts break traction way before the rears. The thing is I have all tires at 51PSI for fuel mileage (that's the max on the sidewall yes I know it's not indicated by Toyota).

So today I drop the fronts down to 44 hoping for more traction, figuring that would give the car a better contact patch in the fronts.

I tested it out just now, just as it had started to rain, and it was EVEN WORSE

given it was in that slippery time right after it started to rain but damn, from the way people talk on here a TRD RSB on track setting makes the car loose as a goose but I just don't get it. I wonder if I could make the car loose if I tried.

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Even 44 psi is way too high for the street... I normally run <38 on the road, and up it to 40-42 on the track. Try lowering your pressure to somewhere in 38-40, and drive in the dry. Could also be that your tires are just complete crap... what kind of tires do you have?

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
wow.....51psi....and that's with stock sized wheels? or do you have low profile tires?

on non-performance tires, that's an insane amount of air to put in your tires....the tires can't be riding flat in any possible way.....and since the front tires are the ones that are spinning, they'll break traction pretty quick...

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Is the rear sway bar the only thing you have? You really need a whole suspension setup and good tires to significantly affect the handling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts