Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to change my stock springs out with eibach lowering spring do I need to change out my stock struts too??

·
Art In Motion
95 2Door Camry
310 Posts
no as long as the struts are still good.....

This question however is like asking if you need chocolate with your smores....no...you dont HAVE to but I tell you what...chocolate on smores is pretty damn good!! Same with your struts....while your there if u have the money, upgrade them, you dont HAVE to but it will make the ride that much better and u will get that much more bang for your buck out of the springs

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Depending on how many miles on ur struts, you may want to change them. If you've got 70K+ then just change them anyways. Save some time/labor and do it all now. U wont regret it.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Mayne Event said:
no as long as the struts are still good.....

This question however is like asking if you need chocolate with your smores....no...you dont HAVE to but I tell you what...chocolate on smores is pretty damn good!! Same with your struts....while your there if u have the money, upgrade them, you dont HAVE to but it will make the ride that much better and u will get that much more bang for your buck out of the springs
Perfectly stated, I have trd's (rebranded eibach's) on my solara for the past 28K miles with stock struts. Will the struts wear off faster..yes...but how soon? depends on how your struts are good/bad to begin with and how your local roads are?? also depends on how you take speed-bumps, etc.

·
tC
2007 Scion tC
486 Posts
as other people have said, you may want to consider the cost/time involved with having to install the struts a later time. considering the minimal cost of kyb gr2's it probably worth installing the struts/springs together.

of course if the struts u have still have reasonable life remaining in them then u can probably get away with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts