Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to know if i can use the piston from 4agze to my 20v to lower the comp..?i'm planing to put a turbo on my 20v..\
thanks...=>:)

·
Immortal
332 Posts
richdan said:
i just want to know if i can use the piston from 4agze to my 20v to lower the comp..?i'm planing to put a turbo on my 20v..\
thanks...=>:)
The answer to this question is in dispute. Some people say the 4AGZ pistons will clear the valves, others say they won't. I personally think they will clear, but will also negate the non-interference design of the engine. Maybe you can get the 5 valve flycuts cut into the 4AGZ piston...

·
nice guy
191 Posts
i have heard that they will clear...however, no matter how much i searched, no one has an answer. They all say the same thing as Kwanza and I. They say they "might" clear. WHat the hell....WHat happens if they don't clear!

Besides that....you could get the five valve flycuts cut out as Kwanza said....try it and let me know.

Hey....hey are you planing on running a silver top or black top head on the 4AGZE?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i'm just using the pisto but i dont know if the 4agze piston will fit the 20v connecting rod..?
what do u guys think is it posible to use it in a 20 v engine..?

·
Immortal
332 Posts
richdan said:
no i'm just using the pisto but i dont know if the 4agze piston will fit the 20v connecting rod..?
what do u guys think is it posible to use it in a 20 v engine..?
It'll fit on the rod no problems... but the problem we mentioned above is still of concern.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
^^ Nice find... I've been looking for pistons especially for the 20v for ages..

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Forged Pistons for turbo applications are always expensive... especially for the 20v. You need to put alot of money into it to get a turbo/super charger.

How much did they quote you, to... Just out of curiosity?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts