Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are now avail., emailed the seller on ebay. 5-6 Days to shipped. C-Form only. Which is a extra $30 more, to the auction....

Anyone using a set? What components are you using? Im thinking of doing a 3-way, but dont know which comp set. Not into the active setup yet.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma DC TRD #1
323 Posts
Wow the if the pics are accurate, the Gray doesn't match worth a damn. I had some of these in my '91 Accord, I was not impressed with the quality.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
617 Posts
So im guessing this requires you to get rid of the E-brake? I could have sworen I looked at making some custom kicks awhile back and I couldnt do it without removeing the E-brake. And i have seen some custom panels installed on our taco and they too removed the E-Brake lever.
I tend to not to cruise the flat ground mall as much as some others on here (you know who im talkin about :naughty: ) so i figured it would be a bad idea for me to remove the e-brake. Can anyone confirm this works with the E-Brake?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
integlikewhoa said:
So im guessing this requires you to get rid of the E-brake? I could have sworen I looked at making some custom kicks awhile back and I couldnt do it without removeing the E-brake. And i have seen some custom panels installed on our taco and they too removed the E-Brake lever.
I tend to not to cruise the flat ground mall as much as some others on here (you know who im talkin about :naughty: ) so i figured it would be a bad idea for me to remove the e-brake. Can anyone confirm this works with the E-Brake?

How would this affect the ebrake? I thought they all were on the right side of the steering wheel now? :whatthe: Or is that just the 06 and up?

·
Registered
707 Posts
PiercedTiger said:
How would this affect the ebrake? I thought they all were on the right side of the steering wheel now? :whatthe: Or is that just the 06 and up?
05-up trucks do not have the E-brake on the dash. It's a foot pedal next to the left side kick panel. I can't see how these boxes would work with the brake in place.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Silver-Bolt said:
05-up trucks do not have the E-brake on the dash. It's a foot pedal next to the left side kick panel. I can't see how these boxes would work with the brake in place.
so why is mine in the dash to the left of the wheel? Is it just the auto's that have the pedal? My 6spd doesn't have a pedal for the ebrake....

·
Registered
707 Posts
njmueller363 said:
yes the manual tacomas have a pull lever while the autos have a foot pedal
Ah did not know that. That's how they can market the Q for the new Tacoma's. Buyer beware. Will work with a manual trans but probably not with the auto.

·
Registered
146 Posts
basshead760 said:
Wow the if the pics are accurate, the Gray doesn't match worth a damn. I had some of these in my '91 Accord, I was not impressed with the quality.

[/URL][/IMG]
Isn't that terrible? I had Q-forms for a short while in my '94 Toyota pickup, and they were a shade off....but not THAT far off. I'd really hope that the production versions match closer to that, otherwise I suspect retailers will be receiving a lot of returned Q-forms.

I think I'll wait until those custom a-pillars with the nice looking stitching come out.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
njmueller363 said:
yes the manual tacomas have a pull lever while the autos have a foot pedal

thats..... ummmm.... retarded? Why are they different?

·
Registered
617 Posts
WOW. Im very suprised I didnt know that about the 2 different E-Brakes on our taco. My last cars (honda and acura) were both stick but i wasnt in the market for a stick in my taco so i never looked into a stick. I also dont have any other friends that have a taco. I hate the stupid pedal. I always had a nice pull handle in the center consol. It was perfect for e-brake'n on a turn.
WELL I SEE A E-BRAKE MOD COMMING SOON. LOL

But yea the auto's have a e-brake pedal thats very close to the drivers side kick panel. And it swings down right in front of it. Im not near the truck right now but i say there cant be more then an 1" or 2 of clearance. So any speaker or kick panel that sticks out any further then the factory risks getting hit when the pedal is pressed down. (which also means the pedal wouldnt go down and e-brake wouldnt work)

Not sure if they found away around this, but i dont see how without moving the e-brake (which wouldnt be something they would do or sell with their kit) or maybe they are going to make it fit a very small speaker that will fit into a factory size kick panel. Theres not really any room there to do that tho.

Hope someone has some more info on this. Please fill us in.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I bet there's enough clearance for the e-brake to work with the Q-forms. They worked fine in my 88 GMC, which had an e-brake like the new Auto tacos.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
As with any Q-Form, there is always deadening needed, they're pretty flimsy.

·
MODIFICATIONS MUST B MADE
05 TACOMA
839 Posts
I didnt know manuals had a pull lever either
I`ll have to look at my friend`s truck tomorrow
Wonder if I can convert mine
E-brake powerslides are kind of hard to pull off with the stupid pedal, you have to push it to apply then push and release to bring it off there is no release lever it`s all in the pedal
The timing has to be just right..............

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whew!!

Damnit man, those are so ugly I might have to make a REAL set out of fiberglass for us Po guys. I've installed my fair share of those flimsy Q's.... ok, that's enough, nothing positive to say, so nothing left to say.

Update..... what you've all been waiting for......... still working on the 80mm mid. I'm close to pulling my hair out. I'm just as ready to get them out there to you guys...(and in our own) as you guys are. The mid will still be worth the wait. Well, there is one option.......you can get one of the Q-forms...haaah.

/DD

·
Registered
'07 DoubleCab 4x4
726 Posts
Hey all, first time post so I have no cred yet, but I've been doing stereos for a long time. I bought an '07 Tacoma DC LB, and hated the stereo. I did a lot of research and decided the best solution for me was q-forms and 6" subs in the door. I know what you're gonna say..."WTF? 6s in the door??!!" Well it's just a start. Right now the sound is VERY clean and punchy. Next step is 10s behind the back seats powered by a second Alpine pdx-4.150. :D

Anywho, the point is that I got the q-forms a couple days before they shipped directly from q-logic. To answer the point of this thread, some speakers WILL interfere with the e-brake. I have Boston Acoustics 5.5 pro series comps in them (they have a somewhat tall speaker grille height..maybe 3/4"?), and the e-brake ran right into the middle of the speaker grille. :confused: There were two possible solutions to this: 1. Bend the e-brake pedal, or 2. "modify" the speaker grille. I tried to bend the e-brake first, but realized the metal mounting it to the truck is 1/8" contoured steel...not happening without taking a torch to it. So the 2nd solution was the way to go. I just carefully tapped the speaker grille down until I could engage the brake. The most I could get out of it was 4 clicks, but since the tacoma e-brake is supposedly fully engaged at 3 clicks, that should be plenty.

Also, on the point of the color matching, it matches perfectly to the trim on the floor and is identical to the original kick panels. The pics on the site are of prototypes that are actually a different design. The shipping q-forms have the speakers mount to the surface, not behind a grille that comes with the q-forms like the site shows.

As far as sq goes, there are definitely some weaknesses I'll admit, but it sounds ALOT better than stock, and they're alot cheaper than custom glass kicks. In my system, i had about a 5 db boost at 200Hz, and a wierd phasyness around 2kHz. Some EQing helped a lot, but I'll be stuffing these things with soundfill and dynamat. Also, when I pick up the Alpine PXA-h701, I'll have a lot more control over the system EQ and bass focus. Hope this is helpfull to y'all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts