Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i'm in daytona beach, and was wondering from those guys staying in the same area, namely FL,

if there are any good shops/mechanics that ppl here visit to have them do some body work or some installations stuff done... ie wielding of exhaust and stuff...

because i'm begining my turbo project and i don't really know this place yet, so would like to seek some suggestions.

thanx ;)

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
erm.. and also a place where does good and reliable engine rebuilding.

considering to rebuild my engine prior to installing my turbo.

thanx again

:D

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
haha my house is pretty much a garage around here. im a long ways away from you. i wish i could help, try some of the speed shops around your area. ask around for engine builders. or if you call a shop that is an engine builder make sure they know about rod bolt stretch. if they dont....move on

edit: i rebuild my own. and i can rebuild yours. for a price

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Any FAQ/DYI on rebuild? I gonna try to rebuild mine too. I know I'll need a rebuild kit from Toyota, what else?

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dun have a cherry picker....

also, like pineapple asked...

how to rebuild ur own engine.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
haha there is way too much stuff for me to post up for that. id love to, but i wouldnt want you guys to fuck your own stuff up trying to go off of whats taken me a better part of a decade to learn. id say get a repair manual, start there.

i would dare say, if you have problems doing your brakes, or changing out plugs...dont even bother with a rebuild. all it takes is one mistake, and youve just trashed your block. like i said, when calling around for a place to rebuild, make sure they know how to measure bolt stretch on your rod bolts. ill never do one any other way now.

as far as parts lists, every engine is different when you go to rebuild. when you get your heads done, ask them to hand lapp them. check it before you leave with them by pouring gas in the ports. if gas leaks out around the valve, its not sealed properly

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool...

thanx for the basic info....

btw... if u were to do it, how much would u charge and how long will u take..

thanx.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
just saying that you brought everything to me, parts and all. takes about 2 weeks or so depending on machine shops. if you took it all apart, i can put it back together in a day once all the machining is done

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i would be guessing that it will be cheaper than goin to a shop or bringing it back to a dealer.

erm... could u give me a rough estimate of the cost, if i were to get all the parts and for ur help....

thanx man.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
how far do you want to go?

just for stock, hmmm 750 or so just on parts and machine work. if you wanted more performance, itll cost.

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bro, thanx for the info...

u mean i can get the engine rebuilt and at the same time, switch to more performance parts.

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bro, one more quick qn...

how much is this worth

CT-26 TOYOTA turbo. Comes complete with turbo, wastegate and actuator, oil and coolant lines, exaust elbow, and heat shield. This is a used turbo but has less than 25,000 miles on it

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone can help me with regards to my previous qn.

·
Official TN Rice Hater
97 camry le
378 Posts
well actually there is a place up here that does a great job with cars. every car that has there sticker on it is fast as hell. its stage 6 and its in jacksonville.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
i personally wouldnt pay more than 300 for the above setup

and yes, when you rebuild you have a chance to add all kinds of high performance goodies

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
erm, sorry for so many questions... but wat kinda parts i can add while rebuilding...

do u mean to say i can make changes to accomadate the turbo...

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
you can do that too. stronger rods, stronger cranks, different cams. what do you want from the engine, a strong n/a setup, or turbo or? and whats your budget?

it all really depends on what you want from the engine to decide how you want to build it.

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanx bro, u are really very helpful...

ok, me is beginging my TURBO change for my baby,

rite now, everything is on stock, only changes i've made to her are a short ram air intake and some 6500k lights...

ok, not to sound noob or irritating or an ass, but wat would u recomend, and how much would it set me back by,

i jus wanna smoke those dumba$$ civics and some mustangs and camaro... there are some kids in my school tat are just pure dumba$$ and ricers.

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
do u think 1 g on the rebuild is enough?

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
still need more info. you got a 5sfe. decide how far out you want to go. if you wanna run around 9 psi, i say forged stock type pistions, forged rods, and forged crank. if you cant find them, you can get them cryo treated. and that would work too.

hmmm i would say, go with about 1500 and that should get you to where you are running 9 psi safely. search around for 5sfte info. there are tons out there. keep in mind also you can buy supercharger kits, and i think turbo kits too. just more to chew on

1 - 20 of 23 Posts