Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i have wanted an mr2 for a long time, i just sold my crx and have the cash to seriously start lookin for one and i was just wonderin how roomy is the interior. i am 6''1', is anyone else this tall that drives a 2. i cant find any around my house to check out and test drive, so i figured i would ask here. if they are small like an s2000 or something it might not be worth getting if it is uncomfortable. thanks

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
You should fit quite well. I'm 6'3" and i'm very comfortable when driving it. The only thing is that like with any sports car, you'll have to kinda fall into it and roll out of it. But if you get a t-top like i have it makes it quite nice for getting into and out of. Good luck on your search!

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
I am 6'1" and only have one problem....

When I get in in the morning... and there is gel in my hair.... i always swipe it across my radar detector (its on my drivers side visor) and it gets gel all over it. Other than that.... fit nicely with some extra room to spare.

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
I'd say that isn't the cars fault then. It sounds like poor placement of your radar detector. :p:

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Arg.... i had it in my window.... and it would get so hot at work... that the velcro shit holding it on the dash would melt (the glue). I tried it on my window for a while.... and that really sucked ass. So... up there was the best I could think of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies guys. today i went with my friend to this little import dealer to look at some 240sx and i seen a 91 na mr2 in shit cond. the lot was closed but we jumped the fence to take a look around.all the car doors were unlocked, so of course it took a seat in the mr2. the car felt more roomy than it looks. alot more roomy than my crx. it had a sunroof though not t tops. does that matter at all as far as head room? it was nice to actaully get to sit in one finally, i would go back and test drive but it was auto and i doubt it would feel the same.

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
well...i agree that especially if it's NA you don't want an automatic. Gotta have the 5-speed. The sun roof really isn't any worse for room, and is actually better if you want to race the car. It increases the overall rigidity compared to a t-top. And ishcoleobo, have you ever thought of mounting it between the visors? That way it's not impeding on your hair!

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Na... it's really not THAT big of a deal. I just have to remember to duck the extra 1".

·
Registered
107 Posts
The interior is suprisingly roomy for a tall person, im 6'1 and i can actualy move the seat back and not be able to touch the pedals, so its pretty roomy for a small car. Only problem is getting in and out, especially having a black interior that was sitting out in the sun all day, that sucks balls

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
^ Agreed... I usually carry a sweatshirt around with me to put on the center armrest. I usually put one of those things up in my window... but it doesn't always help. I should probably get my windows tinted on this car too. I had to tint my Supra windows because my interior was starting to turn funny colors.:eek:

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
Yeah, it sucks so bad when you get in and try to shift but the consol is burning your arm! I've got a nice tint on the t-tops to help prevent that, but most of the time i just try to park somewhere shaded. As for getting in and out, I just kinda fall in, and then getting back out, I just kinda roll onto the ground and stand up! :boink:

·
Registered
107 Posts
wait... you have a lord of the rings shift knob? The hell did you get that at? is it master froto or sam? or better yet, spegel or however he spells his messed up name.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts